BBL W/ Fat Grafting Post Op Pain?

I am a healthcare revenue cycle consultant so I work from home. At what point after my surgery will the pain be bearable for me to begin working again? I get anxiety when I am not working..

How much pain will I be in after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

That's a great question, and a little tricky to answer.  I have a lot of experience with this particular surgery and find the majority of my patients experience pain from the fat harvesting (liposuction) and not much discomfort from the actual fat grafting.  Pain tolerance is a tricky thing.  Two people can have the exact same procedure and experience differing levels of pain.  I generally recommend taking it easy for 2 weeks after fat grafting. Certainly, if you feel up to returning to work a little early, that would be fine, but I would highly suggest you plan on two weeks before returning to work.

Discomfort after BBL is usually moderate

+2

The most significant portion of recovery from BBL is the soreness that comes with the liposuction performed in the donor sites.

Usually the buttocks are not particularly sore, and heal very fast.  In general we recommend 3-5 days off.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post operative instructions

+2

Only your surgeon can give you post operative instruction depending on how you are healing and what was done