BBL W/ Fat Grafting Post Op Pain?

I am a healthcare revenue cycle consultant so I work from home. At what point after my surgery will the pain be bearable for me to begin working again? I get anxiety when I am not working..

How much pain will I be in after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

That's a great question, and a little tricky to answer.  I have a lot of experience with this particular surgery and find the majority of my patients experience pain from the fat harvesting (liposuction) and not much discomfort from the actual fat grafting.  Pain tolerance is a tricky thing.  Two people can have the exact same procedure and experience differing levels of pain.  I generally recommend taking it easy for 2 weeks after fat grafting. Certainly, if you feel up to returning to work a little early, that would be fine, but I would highly suggest you plan on two weeks before returning to work.

Discomfort after BBL is usually moderate

+2

The most significant portion of recovery from BBL is the soreness that comes with the liposuction performed in the donor sites.

Usually the buttocks are not particularly sore, and heal very fast.  In general we recommend 3-5 days off.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Post operative instructions

+2

Only your surgeon can give you post operative instruction depending on how you are healing and what was done

BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT AND POST OP PAIN

+1
It is difficult to answer your question as every person’s recovery is different.  What someone might consider unbearable pain you might consider a minor annoyance.  Most of my patients describe the pain as more of a soreness than a conventional pain that is experienced after other surgeries.  The soreness after the procedure is mainly from the liposuction especially if the liposuction is fairly aggressive.  The injection sites in your buttocks could be sensitive and tender.  However, you should not experience any pain that is not controlled with pain medication that your surgeon can prescribe you.  The procedure is less invasive than other surgeries so most of the pain and soreness should resolve within the first week but some residual soreness is not uncommon into the second week.  While you are recovering, you will not be able to sit on your buttocks for 2 full weeks to give the transferred fat enough time to attach to the blood supply and remain viable so you will probably have to make adjustments to how you position yourself to work.  In my practice I hear that not being able to sit on your buttocks for 2 weeks is by far the worst part of the recovery from a Brazilian butt lift.  Be sure to research only board vertified plastic surgeons.Then schedule a consultation to confirm that you are a good candidate for a BBL.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS