BBL - Do I Really Need a Tummy Tuck?

I'm having a buttocks fat transfer and the dr is recommended a TT with it. Another dr said I wasn't a good TT candidate. My stomach is mostly flat stretch marks mostly below my bb (a few extend above the bb). There's a lower ab bulge. It feels fatty bc I can pinch it but I know some of could be muscle separation. I'm worried about not having enough skin above my bb and having a really high,ugly scar that will look worse than the stretch marks . My skin is smooth, tight above bb.

When in doubt, do without

+2

Hi there-

If you are not sure that you want a tummy tuck, and are concerned about the scar, I would say that your best course of action is to proceed with your BBL, and reassess your appearance after a suitable healing period.

As long as you understand that you may need to come back on another day for a tummy tuck in order to establish the best possible abdominal appearance, this may allow you to avoid an operation you yourself are already unsure of- and it is possible that you are very happy with your abdomen after a well done BBL.

Tummy Tuck Need depends on Recti Diastasis Muscle Condition

+2

The best way to determine if you 'need' a Tummy Tuck with your Brazilian Butt Lift is to examine the Recti Diastasis muscle. If the muscle is seperated than a Tummy Tuck would flatten the area nicely.  If you are concerned about the scar, you should discuss it with your surgeon to find out exactly where he will make the incision and how long it would be. Remember that each case varies and it is even possible to get a muscle repair without a big scar.

I perform this combination procedure of Brazilian Butt Lift with Tummy Tuck quite often. However you could always wait to have the tummy tuck another time. Watch the video below which explains how to do a self examination to get an idea of the condition of your stomach muscles. Hope this helps!

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

Baltimore, Maryland

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Do I Really Need a #TummyTuck? ANS:

+1

From your letter I would think either not doing anything or you may want to consider a Mini-Tummy Tuck. Over the years most surgeons have started shying away from this procedure since there just aren't many women that are good candidates for it...But you sound happy with your tummy above the BB and more loose below, so you might like just a little tightening in the lower tummy.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation before a Tummy Tuck

+1

I always recommend to do the buttock augmentation first and then do the tummy tuck if needed. You want to have a good amount of fat to transfer to obtain the best result possible for the buttock augmentation.

You may not even need the tummy tuck after your buttock augmentation. We wouldn't be able to tell until you have healed and the swelling has gone down.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Need a tummy tuck?

+1

Nobody needs cosmetic surgery, but many want it and for those it's a good thing. Your surgeon has to get the fat from somewhere for the BBL. If the only good donor site is on your tummy, it will make the loose skin even more saggy unless some is removed to tighten it. Sounds like a mini tummy tuck is all you'll need and it doesn't have to be done now. You can just wait & see if you can live with the extra loose skin. 

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

BBL with tummy tuck

+1
From your posting, it sounds as though you don't want the tummy tuck. If so, pursue the surgery that is higher on your priority list. Please post photos for morevdefinitive answers.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck for your PS

+1

Based upon what you describe and what bothers you I would not recommend a tummy tuck.  You can see exactly what the PS sees so I would avoid the TT.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck can be a great addition AFTER (not at the time of ) a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

In some patients a tummy tuck adds a nice finishing touch to a Brazilian Butt Lift.  This is generally someone with excess abdominal fat and skin, someone who would be a tummy tuck candidate even without a brazilian butt lift.  In such a case I would recommend a brazilian butt lift first, and a tummy tuck later (because after a tummy tuck I want you on your back/butt which is not a good thing after a brazilian butt lift...) unless it is very inconvenient to split the two surgeries and then you would have to be on your side to recover.

However, based on your description above it doesn't sound like you really need a tummy tuck.  A picture would be very helpful.  If you truly don't need a tummy tuck, then don't do it... and definitely don't do it at the same time as a BBL unless it is impossible for you to have to separate procedures.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy Tuck not required

+1

Based on your description, your objectives are not focused on your abdomen so even if you may benefit from a tummy tuck there is no reason to have one.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Avoid tummy tuck if your stomach doesn't really bother you.

+1

Hi.

From your description, your stomach does not look bad and it does not really bother you. So it sounds like you should avoid the tummy tuck.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)