If I Get BBL Surgery Do I Still Need a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am interested in getting the brazilian butt lift surgery and possibly a mommy makeover. If I get the bbl surgery will i need a tummy tuck? If so am I a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck? How big can I go with the bbl surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift With a Tummy Tuck

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift begins with the strategic removal of fat from the flanks, back and sometimes the upper thighs. This process allows the surgeon to contour a beautiful silhouette and frame the buttocks. The fat is then injected into the superior part of the buttocks to give it lift and a higher profile. Based on your picture you are a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift. It is possible to remove some belly fat during this procedure, but you may still need a tummy tuck afterwards.  I recommend proceeding with the Brazilian Butt Lift first and then making your decision after that procedure has healed. In order to tell if you are a good mini tummy tuck candidate you will need to set up a consultation with a doctor so that they can better assess the situation.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Brazilian booty vs tummy tuck

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a BBL.  After you get the butt shaped the way that you want, you will need a tummy tuck.  With the laxity and excess skin of your abdomen a mini tummy tuck won't do you justice.  To get the awesome results you deserve, get the BBL and then a full tummy tuck.

Good Luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Buttock Augmentation with Mommy Makeover

+1

I would suggest having the buttock augmentation first and then consider a full/mini tummy tuck. I would NOT recommend doing both procedures at once because there isn't a comfortable position for you to be in while you recover. Your skin seems to be in good condition so you may not even need a full/mini tummy tuck after your buttock augmentation. There really isn't a good way to determine this until you have recovered from your brazilian buttock lift. Looking at your pictures, you look as if you have plenty of donor fat to transfer so you will get a very good result.

In all, I would recommend doing the buttock augmentation first, wait 6 months and re-evaluate if you need a tummy tuck or not.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Mommy makeover and Brazilian Butt Lift (fat grafting).

+1

If you have decided on Brazilian Butt Lift (buttocks augmentation via fat grafting), you will need donor fat to accomplish the job. This can be combined with abdominal surgery at the same operative setting, but if additional fat is needed for further buttock augmentation (not ALL the fat survives, and secondary procedure(s) are often needed), you don't want your donor site (abdomen is most common) to have been removed (abdominoplasty or mini tuck) or even liposuctioned. You still need that fat! Particularly if you want to go BIG. This usually does require more than one operative step in order for the fat grafts to have adequate exposure to blood supply to survive and thrive long term.

Once you have achieved your desired result with your buttock augmentation, then you and your plastic surgeon can decide if you need the longer incision of a full tummy tuck plus muscle repair, the shorter incision of a mini-abdominoplasty, or just liposuction alone. This could likely be included with your final fat grafting procedure to save at least one operative step. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal result after Brazilian Butt Lift can be variable

+1

Hi there-

While it looks in your photos like you have experienced some stretching of the skin, and possibly of the underlying muscle layer as well, you by no means look like you have a protuberant abdomen.

I would therefore be inclined to suggest that you proceed with you BBL first- in my experience it is sometimes difficult to predict how much abdominal improvement will be seen after a suitable healing period. It's possible that after a well-done BBL you are very happy with your abdomen and don't feel further improvement is warranted. In this case, you avoided a larger operation and are still happy.

If after you heal you are still concerned about the appearance of your abdomen, you can then proceed with a tummy tuck, confident that it really was going to be necessary to achieve your goals.

As far as how big it will be possible to make your buttocks, this is not something that anyone would be able to answer for you without (and for that matter it would be difficult to answer even with) a careful physical examination.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Do I Need A Tummy Tuck With My Butt Lift

+1

Thanks for the photos; they really do help us to answer your questions.  It appears that you have laxity with excess skin and stretch marks in both the upper and lower abdomen.  These are problems that cannot be corrected with a mini-tuck which primarily addresses issues in the lower abdomen.  Of course, the only way to be precise in what would work best for you is to have an examination with a board certified plastic surgeon.

From your photos, it appears that you do not have an excess of fatty tissues but with liposuctioning of your abdomen, the harvested fat can be used for your BBB.

Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction & butt lift vs tummy tuck

+1

The essence of the question is whether liposuction alone or in combination with a mini tummy tuck will be sufficient to address your abdominal contour concerns or whether a full tummy tuck would be a better option.

To answer this, a physical exam would reveal the extent of skin laxity and the tightness of your abominal fascia & muscle.  Based on the photo, I see a moderate amount of skin laxity.  But I would not be able to assess the underlying muscles without an exam.  If the bulk of the laxity is below the belly button, then you can consider a mini-tummy tuck rather than a full tummy tuck.  If you are hesitant on the longer scar associated with any tummy tuck procedure, I would do the liposuction to harvest the fat and then follow this with SlimLipo on the skin tightening mode to get as much post-operative tightening as possible.

You will see an improvement with liposuction alone, but you will ultimately see a much stronger result with a tummy tuck but will have a longer recovery and larger scar. 

Using the fat from liposuction to augment the buttocks is a great use of your fat, but this is unrelated to your decision on what you do for your abdomen.

Good luck

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Brazilian Butt lift

+1

You have very little fat to transfer to the buttocks and make a difference. since you want a tummy tuck then recommend doing the tummy tuck and using the excised skin and fat as a dermis fat graft to the buttocks for buttock enhancement.