BBL Done Under Local IV Sedation? (photo)

Finally able to upload pics.. So as I stated in previous questions, 1) am I a good candidate for huge projection with a BBL(I weigh 176 pds,5'0- i was told by my PS that I was unrealistic) also could I possibly get good results under local with IV sedation.. Haven't heard many people speaking on local only general.. My wish is for small waist big hips and huge butt!

BBL Done Under Local IV Sedation?

+1

If you want as much projection with a high volume transfer, local with sedation is probably not a good idea.  Having to transfer 1200 cc to 2000 cc per buttock is very painful for the patient.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

BBL Done Under Local IV Sedation?

+1

From your pictures you appear to have a large amount of fat and should get a great result. This will need to be done under general anesthesia though.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

BBL Is Not A Good Procedure To be Tried Under Local Or IV Sedation

+1

On the upside, the reduction of the abdomen and flanks for the fat harvest combined with its placement in the buttocks will make for a significant change. Whether it will make your expectations of a 'huge butt' is open to interpretation. Conversely, it is absolutely certain that you will not do well trying to do an aggressive Brazlilian Butt Lift under anything other than a general anesthetic.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD