BBL with Local and IV Sedation?

Can dramatic projection to buttocks be obtained with BBL if using local anesthesia with Iv sedation -versus- general?? I havent seen many pictures with dramatic results under local anesthesia. Considering local with Iv sedation if there is no difference in outcome of size.

IV Sedation and Local Anesthesia for BBL

+2

I do not recommend gluteal sculpting and fat transfer with local and sedation.  This is because I perform aggressive liposuction over larger areas.  The general anesthesia helps with patient comfort so that increasing amounts of tumescent fluid is not inappropriately used to aid in pain control.

Dr.  ES

Brazilian butt lift with local anesthesia and iv sedation

+1

The brazilian butt lift is perfectly done by local anesthesia( epidural) and sedation. Do not confuse this type of anesthesia with the one placed directly into your butt because it is incorrect in this kind of surgery.

Web reference: http://doctorabello.com.do

BBL with Local and IV Sedation?

+1

No, only if you did multiple small surgeries. With the amount of fat needed it is safer and less painful to have a general anesthetic. For dramatic results you my need more than one surgery.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

BBL with Local and IV Sedation?

+1

I will tell you that a 5 liter liposuction with a fat transfer of 1200 cc to 2000 cc per buttock cannot be endured by most people without general anesthesia.  It is just too painful.   I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.