BBL: Would the Lipo Include Visceral Fat and Would It Make my Upper and Lower Abs Flatter?

Im 44y/o with 2 grown children, the 2nd one was born at 9lbs on my very small frame 100 lb prepreg and 150 postpreg. I am 5'1 1/2", 169lbs but don't look it. The majority of my weight is in my stomach(35-41)and breast(38D). I would like a BBL w/700+ cc's per cheek but my stomach size shrinks and enlarges based on what I eat and I was told I have visceral fat. I would like hips, shelf, volume & a more curvy womanly figure w/no sagging skin. I want to stay realistic with the results.

Brazilian Butt Lift does not use visceral fat

+1

Carolyn,

No form of liposuction, with or without buttock lifting, removes visceral fat.  From your photos it appears that you do have enough external fat to provide a very nice result from a Brazilian Buttock Lift.  You do also have a fair amount of visceral fat, so don't expect to have a perfectly flat abdomen afterward.  Good luck!

Can not use visceral (intra-abdominal fat) for a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

The only way for you to decrease the amount of visceral or intra-abdominal fat is by way of diet and exercise. This is the fat that is located internally, around your intestines and abdominal organs. I recommend losing weight before your surgery so that you would have a better outcome. You would need a tummy tuck at the same time as your fat transfer to remove the excess skin of your abdomen, this would give you a flatter appearing abdomen.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation of your overall health and your particular anatomy.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Enough fat for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

It appears as though you have enough fat to have the Brazilian Butt Lift.  However, it's impossible to tell from pictures how much of the fullness of your abdomen is fat under your skin and how much is inside of your abdomen around your intestines (visceral fat). 
I would first recommend you try to lose some of the excess weight prior to surgery, attempting to get closer to your ideal body weight.  This will make the surgery safer for you and provide for you a better result in the long term. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Can you use visceral fat for a Brazilian butt lift?

+1

The short answer is no. Visceral fat is intraabdominal fat around your organs. This fat can be reduced with a change in dietary habits and exercise. Thank you for the photos. You already have a good curvature of the lower back, but it has excess fat. This is the fat that can be used for the buttock augmentation. The end result is defined by subtracting excess fat from the back, hips, waist line to define the underlying anatomy and inject the prepared fat into the buttocks for increased projection and width. Your abdomen has significant amount of fat that could be harvested sa well. If you lie down on your back and your abdomen goes flat, that tells me that your problem is more muscle laxity/separation than increased intraabdominal or visceral fat. This is best treated with an abdominoplasty. I personally do not prefer to do the BBL with an abdominoplasty, since I do not allow my patients to sleep on their backs or sit for 7-10 days. I have them sleep on their abdomen which would be difficult with an abdominoplasty. I prefer to do the BBL first and about 3-4 months later do the abdominoplasty. 

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Braziliab Buttock Lift

+1

Your stomach has a lot of fat that can be used for BBL. But your stomach may need a tummy tuck to get the best result.

The most important fat to get rid of is the flanks fat  this will define your buttock very well (it should be emptied completely). Liposuction of the back will enhance your figure.

Visceral fermis from the abdominoplasty for dermis far grat, which is the fat inside the abdomen between your internal organs can not be liposuctioned. That you have to loose.

Looking at your pictures you need a full body sculpting, may be an abdominoplasty and repair of the muscles. May be able yo use the fat and dermis for dermis fat graft to the buttocks.