I'm a 21 year old female with very narrow hip bones. I want a round butt with projection. Would a BBL be good for me? (photos)

I am a 21 year old female I have very narrow hip bones and my butt is not as round as I would like also I don't have much projection I grew up eating healthy organic foods and when I was older I was 13 I started to eat crappy for the past year Ive been trying to get the body I feel I should have, the majority of the women in my family have a hour glass figure. I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for bbl or should I wait longer to see if my proper diet and excercises will be enough.

I'm a 21 year old female with very narrow hip bones. I want a round butt with projection. Would a BBL be good for me?

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a BBL.You do not show a side view photo or 3/4 view to assess the abdomen and lower back. The first thing I prefer to do is define the buttock frame based on your skeletal and muscular anatomy. Then liposuction is used, I prefer the VASER, to liposuction the lower back, hips, waist, back and abdomen to harvest the fat .This is then prepared for injection. My priority is to establish a good shape first by grafting the lateral depressed or straight areas, thigh buttock junction and only after this I do the augmentation. It is not enough to place fat into the buttocks, if the surrounding anatomical areas are not treated adequately. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area who can recognize the "beautiful normal" and knows how to create it. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for BBL

+1
Thank you so much for posting photos, and well done on your weight loss! You look like a great candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, and I will tell you why. In the last photo on the right (4 months ago) you appear to be at a healthy weight - meaning you do not look over weight. However, you store fat primarily around your waist, flanks and lower back. If you continue to exercise and diet, you may be able to lose this fat, but you will not be able to get the projection you desire in your buttocks. Fat transfer is a great option to get the results you desire because it adds projection to the top of the rear while also contouring the waist and lower back to give you that hourglass shape.

Remember that internet conversations can never replace an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Continue your healthy eating habits and try to implement squats into your workout regime. When you're ready for the fat transfer, give me a call. I would love to be your surgeon.

German Newall, MD

BBL Candidate

+1
You look to be a great candidate for the brazilian butt lift. It sounds like your weight has fluctuated within the last few years, so it would be best to have an in person consultation. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure and can show you hundreds of his/her own before and after pictures. Those of us who perform this procedure 6-8 times per week have experience in every body type.  

Matthew Schulman, MD

Yes, BBL for buttock and hip augmentation/shaping would be ideal

+1
Dear Lovelife,

Yes, fat grafting to the buttocks or hips would be a great way to improve the projection and shape of your buttocks.  Excess fat from part of your body is removed via liposuction and the fat is transferred via small droplets to the areas of your buttocks and hips that you need volume.  The flanks and lower back seem to be good areas of fat donor sites for you.  The abdomen is also a common donor site.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1
Thank you for your question and pictures.

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
You would be a very good candidate for BBL.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.