BBL First, then Tummy Tuck After 6 Months. Am I a Good Candidate? (photo)

I want the brazilian butt lift first (2/2013), then the TT afterward. I am very concerned about the recovery time after a TT so I think it may be best for me to do these in 2 separate sessions. Can I get my arms lipoed with BBL? Am I a good candidate for this procedure, and will waiting on the tummy tuck affect my BBL? what is the difference between the recovery with/without TT? What results should I expect in regard to my tummy w/o TT? can my abdominal wall be repaired w/o TT?

Tummy tuck and brazilian butt augmentation

+2

There are special advantages in doing the Brazilian buttocks lift first : namely if you need some further touch-up it can be done from the abdomen at the time the tummy tuck is done. Once the skin is removed, it is no longer available. The other issue is how would you lie if you operate on the front and back considering that you want to put the least amount of pressure on the buttocks as possible, and your abdominal muscles are going to sore, so movement is going to be slow and cautious.

As far as recovery from a tummy tuck -  2 to3 weeks is all what is needed to return to work and gentle exercise.

Staged plan

+1

I think you have a good plan with two staged procedures.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

BBL first and then TT

+1

I can see merit in splitting the two procedures just to decrease the complication rate that goes up with two major surgeries performed together increasing the operating time significantly.I addition there is a great merit in using some fat for further touch up of BBL if needed along with TT at a second stage.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

One can do Brazilian Butt lift and either dermis fat graft to the buttocks or a brazilian butt lift at the same time. Same recovery, May be less expensive, and is safe

BBL and Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, I usually recommend patient to separate the two procedures.  In general, most patients go with the tummy tuck first and then the BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift).  However, there is a right answer, so if the other order seems best for you that is fine as well.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

As longer time as risky results/ mientras mas tarde una operacion mayor es el riesgo

+1

it is sage to divide your surgical operations in 2 stages

i agree with you first your BBL  and one month later your TT that surely will get betteer results. i dont see any oposition to affect your second surgical time.

resulta mas  sabio operar en 2 etapas que en una sola, estoy de acuerdo con ud. en primero el BBL y despues  el TT no afectaria en nada  el segundo resultados

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon