Can I Get a Fat Transfer to my Flank/love Handle Area Instead of Butt?

I had a botched/unwanted external lipo procedure on my love handles two years ago that left me with a very rectangular, waist-less body. Is there a way that I can do a BBL-type of procedure to return to the body that God gave me - i.e. is it possible to take fat from my stomach and back and transfer it to the flank area successfully? And what is the fat survival rate with a procedure to such an area, especially after having it already been liposuctioned? Thank you!

Fat Transfer for Correction of Post-Liposuction Deformities

+2

Aggressive liposuction can result in over-resection or removal of subcutaneous fat. Your resulting body shape can be improved with fat grafting to the depressed areas. Fat survival after transfer should be 60-80% depending on the surgeon and technique utilized. Removing fat from adjacent areas coupled with fat transfer will help improve your body contour as well. 

Correcting Liposuction Irregularities

+2

An overly aggressive liposuction can result in irregularities of contour or wrinkling of your skin. This kind of irregularity is most likely to happen when the practitioner has little or no training. There can be a number of ways to improve a result that did not give you the desired outcome.  Fat transfers can be valuable, paired with some very conservative and judicious liposuctioning of the areas that are too large.  Some type of body lift or thigh lift may be needed to tighten the skin. An in person consultation would be needed to  make the best strategy for you.  

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fat grafting to the flank

+1

This can be done along wth liposuction of the high points. Frequenty in this area you will need a second procedure

Richard Ellenbogen, MD