Exactly What Does BBL Fat Absorption Look Like?

What is the difference between fat resorption and fat necrosis? Can you please describe what each looks like? Is there pain or discoloration involved? Does this result in an uneven contour, or does the fat tend to absorb evenly?

Fat Absorption vs Fat Necrosis

+1

Fat that is reabsorbed with a Brazilian Butt Lift will have no outside symptoms.  Fat necrosis on the other hand can appear as a hard knot or as an oily pool.  If you are concerned that you may have an issue with this, I would call your surgeon and have them examine you.

Fat Resorption and Fat Necrosis Differences

+1

Fat resorption involves removal of fat from that area and a decrease in volume without any other changes or manifestations.  Fat necrosis involves fat death and the area will become a hard lump.  I do not seem to see fat necrosis, and my fat take percentage seems to be about 70%.  I also have patients keep off of the fat for 6 weeks.  I perform hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures a year, and I typically transfer 1200 to 1500 cc per buttock and liposuction 5 liters (the max).  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA