Do I need a BBL? - Confused and conflicted (Photo)

Hi doctors! I'm getting a tummy tuck and bbl with lipo in about 2 months. I am now a bit wary and afraid of subpar results and difficulty recovering from both. Can I get away with just the tuck and lipo? Where are the crucial areas of lipo that make the backside look amazing? Can bbl still be done in the future if I am getting alot of lipo now or should I just get them both done together since all this lipo is being done anyway? Thanks so much!

Do I need a BBL? - Confused and conflicted

+2
   It is always better to transfer the fat at the time of liposuction, particularly if fat is not plentiful.

Make sure that the surgeon you select does BBLs all the time and has great reviews and before and after pictures.

Combining a BBL and a Tummy Tuck not ideal

+1
Whether or not you need a BBL is impossible to tell from your pics, but combining a tummy tuck and a BBL is not the best idea.  At our clinic we perform a BBL first and then a few months later do the tummy tuck.  This way you can recover properly and your results are better.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lipo, tt and BBL

+1
I prefer to stage the tummy tuck because I often harvest fat from the abdomen for the BBL and with wide undermining of the abdomen this could compromise the healing of the abdominal flap.

Tummy Tuck, liposuction

+1
Do only the surgery you are absolutely sure you want.
Liposuction of the flanks where the flanks are completely emptied, can give the buttock a better shape an look.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Do i need a BBl?

+1
Thank you for your question and your photo.

It really depend on your goal, but if you think you need them both, do the procedures in stage it just because by having a liposuction with transfer your surgeon would be able to enhance your curves and create a nice buttocks, the recovery would not be as hard if you would be do both, you would only be able to sleep on your side or on your fresh transfer. If one procedure done first (BBL) your recovery is about a week.

Mel T. Ortega, MD