Can I Have A BBL and Breast Augmentation Done by Different Doctors Days Apart?

Now I am looking into BBL and BA being done by different surgeons within days apart. I would like to have my BBL done first, then my breast augmentation 2-3 days after. Bbl- local anesthesia. BA- intravenous sedation. My question is the having the anesthesia days within the other.There is a language barrier between myself and my surgeons. I want to make sure my needs have been known. Also, how soon can you fly after these surgeries? Thank you doctors!

Language barrier/Travel/Separate Surgery

+1

These are all red flags and you should consider finding someone who can do them both for you at the same time and who can communicate with you.  A BBL under local must be through liposuction and fat grafting and could easily be done with an augmentation.  If you're traveling abroad to save money, I understand but you are accepting the risks of doing so and no recourse should you have problems or poor results.  Is this worth it? 

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Hi,

While you can have the procedures done several days apart, it makes no sense. Why not get them done at the same time? That saves you time and recovery. The only reason I would separate the two procedures would be in a patient with severe breast drop (usually weight loss patients) who needed a radical lift prior to implants.In this case I perform the procedures several months apart so that I can see the results of the lift prior to the augmentation. (This allows the scar to loosen and the breast to assume its final position after the lift).

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science.

+1

Sure you can, but why? In my past. it is easire to do them at the same time. There is less long term expense and recovery process.In my past, I did not feel there was more risk, actually, there may be less risk as you only need 1 anesthetic. Give it some thought. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

BBL and breast augmentation

+1

I think that it is best to have the BBL and breast augmentation done in the same operative setting by the same surgeon.

Bbl and ba by different surgeons

+1

I would not be comfortable in this situation. I would want you to be able to communicate with your surgeon and do not understand why one surgeon is not doing 2 procedures. Plus you increase the risks by multiple procedures so close together.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

+1

I do HUNDREDS of breast augmentations and HUNDREDS of Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this sounds like a less than desirable situation.  If the language issue cannot be resolved, then you should consider another plan.  Brazilian buttlift under local is very difficult unless little is liposuctioned and little is transferred.  I would think that the Brazilian buttlift surgeon could perform the breast augmentation surgery at the same time or that you could find an expert at both.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Staging Surgeries Days Apart Using Different Surgeons

+1

This is a recipe for a disaster. First and foremost, make sure you are only seeing Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. There should never be a language barrier between you and your surgeon. I would not agree to this under any circumstance if you were my patient. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Absolutely not

+1

This is a plan that no sane plastic surgeon no matter how aggressive he or she is will agree to do.  First of all the lift will not have even healed.  Your second surgeon will not take responsibility for the lift.  The first surgeon won't take responsibility for anything after you do such a thing.  The infection risk would be tremendous.  The healing complication risk is huge.  Just don't do this.   I am not sure why you like this idea but you need to sit down with your surgeons and come up with a reasonable plan you are all comfortable with. 

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Considering a Breast Lift and Augmentation by different Surgeons days apart

+1

My first question and comment is WHY?! The concept of doing that does not make any sense from a surgical, recovery or financial perspective. Breast Lifts and augmentations are commonly done at the same time by most competent Plastic Surgeons. However, doing the breast lift first and then later doing the augmentation may be a reasonable plan if done 6 months apart. If done close together, the tissue has not had time to heal which may compromise the first and second procedures. Although there is a considerable amount of artistry to both procedures, the breast lift will be more demanding of your surgeon. I would probably tell you to stay with the doctor doing the lift and have him put the implants in at the same time. If you are having a difference of opinion regarding implant size with the surgeon doing the lift, I would suggest getting another opinion by a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. There are limits with what you can achieve with one operation in some cases.

Donald W. Hause, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon