BBL and post operative weight loss? (photo)

Im 25 5'6" 195lbs I've lost 50lbs but I've hit a plateau I just can't seem to loose anymore weight. Doctor recommended BBL lipo to 6areas & tummy tuck. I'm having second thoughts. Im not at my ideal weight I would be happy at 160. Ive always had a large bottom and wide hips not happy with the shape of my bottom since I've lost weight. Should I wait to have the procedures? Can lipo help restart my weight loss? Will I loose significant volume in my bottom if I loose weight after the surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Continue loosing the weight. You will get the best results at or near your ideal body weight. It is also much safer when you are at your ideal body weight.
Once you loose the weight, or during, get a consult for confirmation and detailed discussion about your options
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

BBL and post operative weight loss?

+1
It is certainly not unreasonable to lose more weight prior to your surgeries.  Much of this depends upon how aggressive your surgeon will be with removing fat. I can tell you from experience that 5 liters of fat is a huge amount and can produce an unbelievable change.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

BBL and weight loss

+1
It is always better to get to your goal weight so that if you can stay at your goal weight likely the results will be more stable than losing more weight after surgery.

+1
It is usually best to be close to your goal weight before undergoing a BBL procedure. This will ensure fewer complications and better results. If you lose a significant amount of weight after the procedure, there is a possibility of losing volume in the buttocks as it is comprised of fat. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD