Hi I Had a Bbl 12 Weeks Ago I Have a Soft Lump on my Left Butt Cheek is This Fat Necrosis? (photo)

Hi my name is Cristina . I had a brazilian butt lift 12 weeks ago I am 22 year 125 pounds before surgery height 5.1 feet . However my butt cheek are uneven and on the left but cheek I have a small hard lump it does not hurt but it was there since the 1 st day after surgery .is this fat necrosis? My doctor told me he wants to reinject fat on the right butt cheek to even out the buttocks but am sacred the bigger butt cheek has fat necrosis...also he did not liposuction my hip area and left it too high.

Additional fat grafting versus liposuction

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The "lump" may be fat necrosis but it may also be viable fat just in too much quantity in one area.  Since you noticed this from the begining the second scenario is certainly possible.  The good news is that it does not appear to be infected.  You have several options including waiting longer to see what happens with additonal healing, liposuctioning the lump area, or providing additinoal fat in the smaller buttock half.

Dr Remus Repta

BBL question re necrosis

+2

I would wait a little longer and some of the fat uneveness will even out.  The hard lump is probably a larger area of fat graft as fat necrosis takes time to become evident.  Small little tweaks are not uncommon with liposuction so I would not hesitate to discuss this with your surgeon.  Best wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

BUMPS AFTER BBL

+1
During the fat grafting process, the same amount of fat is usually transferred to each side.  After the fat is transferred the majority of the fat cells will attach to the blood supply and become part of the tissue in your buttocks.  However if one side retains 70% of the transferred fat and the other side retains more or less than 70% of the transferred fat asymmetry of the buttocks could occur.  At 12 weeks you could still be a little swollen so I would recommend giving yourself a couple more months before having a repeat procedure.  If a repeat transfer is needed your plastic surgeon could liposuction your hip areas to contour the areas that you are concerned with.  In regards to the small lump you describe it could possibly be fat necrosis but without a physical exam it is hard to say. Small amounts of fat necrosis can resolve themselves but I would recommend scheduling some time with your plastic surgeon to have that area evaluated.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Lump after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It is impossible to say what that lump is without examining you.  The plan of a touch up liposuction and fat grafting should solve your concerns.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Uneven after fat transfer

+1

You might have your significant other massage your buttock, this often helps to smooth out irregularities.  This area will likely soften over time.  It may take another 3 months for most of the swelling to resolve.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Small Hard Lump after Brazilian Buttlift

+1

The lump may be fat necrosis, but this will usually resolve.  However, I must say that as common as one would think this would be after Brazilian buttlift, I do not see it very often.  With regard to the other issues, I think you have a nice result.  However, I cannot fully evaluate without preoperative pictures.

Fat Necrosis and Buttock Augmentation

+1

The lump that you are referring to could definitley be some fat necrosis. With time it may go away or it may not. I would wait at least another 3 months before having another procedure. 12 weeks after surgery, you are still swollen so the asymmetry could correct itself.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Fat Necrosis after a BBL

+1

A hard lump can certainly be fat necrosis. While people are often concerned with fat necrosis after a BBL, this usually results in fat loss, not hard lumps. You should see yoru surgeon and see what he/she thinks. You may benefit from additioanl fat transfer for asymmetry. Make sure yoru surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD