When is it completely safe to do a second Brazilian Butt Lift without complication?

I had a bbl 1/7/14 however I do not like my results at all, I also would like to ask how do you prevent developing an embolism while on the operation table?

+2

All of the ambulatory center are fully equipped with the necessary equipment to prevent embolism. After 3 month most of the swelling is gone but ask your surgeon when is ok with him/her for you to have a revision of the BBL.

+1
We recommend waiting at least 3 months before proceeding with a send buttock augmentation to maximize viability of the grafted fat. By this time much of the inflammatory phase has subsided. The operation is safe whether it's the first or second procedure provided that you are healthy and the procedure is performed in an accredited operating room by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1
3 months is usually enough time to consider a revision. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, BBL revisions, and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

BBL and revision

+1
A revision is often possible after 3-4 months minimum to see what took.  As for an embolism while it can happen it is very rare.

Brazilaian Butt Lift

+1
The second surgery should be when healing is complete. somewhere between 6-12 weeks. The first 6 weeks the patient is still in the inflammatory phase there is more risk of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary emboli.
To decrease the risks of DVT, PE, many factors are taken in consideration. Your history, and family history of hypercoaguability, weight, BMI, length of general anesthesia. In general each patient should be evaluated for risks of DVT, PE, based on the Caprini Scale. During surgery the use of sequential compression stocking, warming the patient, hydrating the patient, minimize pressure on the abdomen. After surgery early ambulation, continue hydration. and the use of blood thinners, All these can decrease the risks of DVT, PE.
The risks are never zero. any one of us undergoing surgery under general anesthesia for more than 45 minutes has the risk of DVT, PE.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com