How much Restalyne for my top lip? (photo)

I already have naturally full lips, but want the top too look a bit more plump, and definitely do not want to overdo it. I have noticed that women with injections have ballooned lips that seem to have lost their natural folds and creases, as I would want to keep mine looking natural and authentic. I do not like the overly smoothed plump lip that is the result of injections.

It's all in the artistry

+1

It’s all in the artistry. Lips are an individual style. They are a signature that’s all you! I would suggest Restylane over Juvederm for you since you are asking for a more subtle look. I would also favor the use of a microcannula and not a needle to inject for your procedure. The microcannula offers more injectional control, lessened discomfort and much less risk of bruising.

Web reference: http://www.keylaserinstitute.com/procedures/injectables.cfm

Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

How much Restalyne for my top lip? (

+1

You would prob need 0.5 cc of Restylane to give you a nice, natural looking pout. If in a few weeks when the product settles you decide to have more, you can always reapply filler to the lips

Fillers to highlight your lip

+1

good morning Mia

I don't think he would need an entire 1 cc syringe. Restylane or Belatero are good choices. I would say keep it to about 0.5 or even up to 0.75 to highlight the border and create a little pillow centrally.

it be best if you had an in person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

if this is her first time doing this then you may want to be on the conservative side so you do not scare yourself.

That being said don't be afraid to look a little bit puffy and swollen for a few days otherwise he may feel as though the filler went away too quickly. In general I would say have this injection performed at least 2-3 days before any important social activities

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://www.chaselaymd.com/non-surgical/dermal-fillers.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Restylane for just the top lip

+1

I would advise you to have a consultation with a board-certified injector before you begin. It's important, as you noted, to follow the natural shape of the lips, so I often don't recommend people only fill the top lip. This can lead to a duck look very often. You have well shaped, nice lips, and I would definitely be conservative. If you only want to fill the top lip I would not put more than 0.5ml in.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

+1

My over the internet guess would be between 0.5 to 0.75 cc's But I now would recommend Belotero Balance over Restylane.

How much Restalyne for my top lip?

+1

I agree 0.5 cc of Restylane injected to the top lip will give you a natural look that you wish for, its best to consult with a board certified physician who can ensure a result you wish to achieve

How much Restylane for top lip?

+1

I would say that it is possible that just a 0.5cc syringe of Restylane would be enough to treat your upper lip. I agree that overdoing it can make the lips look unnatural, so it is generally better to start slow and you can always add more if needed.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.