Will massaging the tip of my nose actually help it heal and soften up faster, or will it make it worse?

I am 6 months post op. The tip of my nose is still very swollen and really hard especially in the mornings. I get the urge to massage it and squeeze it in hopes of it getting softer. Am I wasting my time?

Nose massage

+1
In general, massaging the nasal tip is not recommended after a rhinoplasty.  There are fine sutures and grafts present that can be ruptured with manipulation, even at 6 months time.  I would discuss it with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon