How Long After Breast Augmentation Should I Wait to Get Brazilain Butt Lift (Fat Transfer)?

I got my breast done November 5th, 2012... I scheduled a brazilian butt lift (Fat transfer) for Febuarary 26th, when I was going over the paper work it stated that chances of getting deep vein thrumbosis could be increased by having recent major surgery... is breast augmentation considered a major surgery? and if so will the three months in between be enough time to have that risk factor go down? if not how long should i wait between these two surgeries?

3 months in between surgeries

+2

If you had an uncomplicated recovery following breast augmentation, 3 months following breast augmentation should be enough time to allow recovery and decrease of DVT risk, provided you are ambulatory and otherwise healthy.

Brazilian Butt lift and timing

+2

Dear Storm, I agree that three months between your breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift should be fine and should not put you at increased risk of developing a DVT.  To help reduce risk of a DVT be sure to remain well hydrated.  Also, you surgeon may want you to get up and walk as soon as possible after the surgery an/or wear leg compression garments to further reduce the risk of a DVT.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

No Problem, Good luck

+2

Storm, three months post op is more than enough time for the procedure.  The concern is more for major abdominal surgery for the DVT and being on bedrest without walking around.  Three months is more than enough time to be comfortable lying prone for the procedure.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How Long Should I Wait Inbetween Surgeries?

+2

Hello Ms. Storm, and thank you for your question.  3 months is plenty of time inbetween surgeries. You should now be at baseline as far as having any recent surgery.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift after breast augmentation

+1

I think that after 3 months provided that you had no complications from your prior surgery, should be enough time between surgeries.