Will this crease above my bb disappear? How long before it flattens out? (photo)

This is day 10 post op and I'm freaking out about this crease above my belly button. Doc says it will go away in time, will it? And what causes this?

Will this crease above my bb disappear? How long before it flattens out?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. I think the appearance of this “crease” will settle out over the course of the next several weeks/months.  There are many potential "causes” for this type of irregularity, depend on exactly what  maneuver was performed in this area.  Therefore, your plastic surgery will be the best position to answer your question precisely.

Best wishes; it is likely that you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

'Butt creases' after tummy tucks

+1
are usually a result of the muscle plication pulling in the your skin towards the center.  Regardless of how it heals, there will be simple fixes should it persist.  So focus your energy and emotions on your healing rather than things that you cannot change at this point and enjoy your improved contours.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

More healing time than 10 days id needed. After 2 months if still there than consider fat grafting..//