1) Will 300-325cc Bring Me to a Full C? Currently a 34B/32C. 2) Will I Have a Big Cleavage Gap? (photo)

1) I'm 5' 2", 115-120lbs. I wear a 34B/32C depending on the brand, and my breast diameter is 14cm (been to a few consults). My goal is a full C (current and ideal size above). After trying on some sizers, I am leaning towards 300cc-325cc silicone mod+ implants. Will this give me my ideal look? 2) My biggest concern of getting a BA is that my breast will be far apart. Judging my current picture, do you think I will have that problem? My ideal cleavage gap is ~1cm w/o the risk of symmastia.

Your goals are realistic and achievable.

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Let me address each of your concerns.  A 300 - 325 cc implant should give the additional volume you seek to move you up to a full C cup.  If your greatest concern is that your breasts will be far apart, inform your surgeon of that concern and the location of the pocket created to place the implants in should be dissected as much medially as possible without fully dividing the pectoralis muscle to avoid synmastia.  The lateral pocket should be dissected just enough to fit the width of the implant but no further.  This should help narrow your cleavage.  Whether you are able to get your ideal look is up to the tissues your surgeon has to work with.  Good luck. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

I think your goals are very realistic with a 300-325 cc range implant.  You do not have a wide gap to start with, so I would not anticipate one with implants.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant Size Selection and Cleavage

+1

Although, no surgeon can guarantee a specific cup size with any size of breast implant,  One can get a good idea of what size implant may result in a certain cup size by trying the implants on in a bra, prior to the breast augmentation surgery.  With regard to cleavage gap, there is a limit as to how close the breast pockets can be made to one another.  This is based on an individual's anatomy and includes the width of the breast bone (Sternum) and where the chest muscles (Pectoralis major muscle) attach to it.   Once a surgeon examines you they should be able to give you a good idea how close together the implants can be placed.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing Implant Size

+1

Thanks for your question. I tell my patients to not judge the outcome by the bra size, but how they look in the mirror. As you noticed, bra sizes vary significantly between manufacturers-- if your goal is a "C", no matter what you will find a bra post-op that fits that isn't a "C". Bra size is fine as a preliminary starting point in your discussion with your surgeon, but trying on the actual sizers (which it sounds like you have done) is the BEST way to judge your ultimate outcome with regard to size.  Cleavage is a different issue. The surgeon has little choice in WHERE to place the implants, they have to go directly behind your nipples or the breasts will look weird. Your nipples are a little laterally placed, and if your surgeon put the implants more medially, in an effort to give you more accentuated cleavage, it would make your nipples appear even more lateral. Focus on the size and the look of your breasts-- for cleavage, that is best accomplished with the clothes or bra (like in your first example picture).  Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

1) Will 300-325cc Bring Me to a Full C? Currently a 34B/32C. 2) Will I Have a Big Cleavage Gap?

+1

As I ALWAYS respond that over the internet we can ONLY guess! Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 1. YES, 2. Yes you will still have a gap because of YOUR anatomy. 

Cleavage

+1

You l ook like you have some  natural cleavage, and should be able to achieve a decent amount with the right implants.  Good luck.

Cleavage after a breast augmentation - depends upon pre-existing anatomy

+1

When placing the implants under the muscle the closest you can get to the midline is the edge of the sternum or breast bone.  From the appearance of your breasts as well as the existing distance between your breasts you should have no problem achieving your goal.  I am not sure if it will be 1 cm may be more like 2 cm to 2.5 cm distance between the breasts

Cup size and cleavage

+1

Clearly the two most commonly asked questions by women desiring breast augmentation. Although there is no foolproof way of determining cup size a rule of thumb is 200 cc is about a cup size. Your final size will be roughly the sum of the implant and your existing breast volume. So yes a 300-325 will bring you to a full c cup. As far as cleavage is concerned, the muscle insertion on your sternum dictates how close the implants will sit to the midline of your chest. Based on your photos the cleavage gap will be larger than the photos you show as your ideal. Cleavage in a bra can be manipulated to resemble the photos but out of clothing the gap will be slightly wider.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help you understand what can be achieved. Based on your photos I believe  you will get a very nice results. Good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is not an ideal look, but the implants you have chosen are reasonable.   The gap between the breasts will remain roughly the same.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA