I Had Basel Cell Carcinoma Removed Three Weeks Ago is It Normal to Get a Red Bump on Nose by Insion

Bump after Mohs

+1

Many patients experience tiny bumps after Mohs surgery. The reason is that absorbable sutures are placed under the skin, and then additional closures are done on the top. Sometimes the absorbable sutures can irritate the skin and poke out a bit, rather than absorbing cleanly. I usually have patients return to the office about a month after the initial procedure just so I can see if this happened at all and make sure the site is healing well. I'd suggest you just contact your Mohs surgeon for a follow-up. If it is the absorbable suture, it can be easily resolved.

Absorbable suture issue?

+1

This might be an absorbable suture causing the red area.  Check with the doctor who did the surgery to see if that is what it is.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS