Based on the pictures, would lipo laser help slim and reduce saggy appearance? (photo)

I'm early 30s and have had two children. Not looking for a miracle, but would like an improved appearance.

Liposuction versus Tummy Tuck

+2

Liposuction (particularly Laser Liposuction or SmartLipo) can remove fat and tighten the skin but only a tummy tuck can tighten the muscle. The muscle is what causes the bulge to the central and lower abdomen. The rectus muscles (six pack) actually get stretched during pregnancy. A tummy tuck tightens these muscles with an internal "corset" suture. This gets rid of the bulge. The tummy tuck can also remove stretch marks by getting rid of most of the skin between the pubic hair line and the belly button.

If you are willing to accept a low scar (just above the pubic hair) and you are ok with a longer procedure with more recovery time, a tummy tuck will provide the best appearance long term.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Based on the pictures, would lipo laser help slim and reduce saggy appearance?

+1
If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then SmartLipo should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, like in your pictures, SmartLipo or any other form of liposuction are unlikely to help. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Laser Lipo for saggy tummy

+1
One question that I always ask my patients is "are you lookiing to show off your tummy (bikini,cropped top etc), or just fit and feel better in your clothing with your tummy hidden". If you have no interest in showing your tummy but have a little fat around the middle that wont go away, then Laser Lipo will help thin that area, but you still may have some waviness to your skin. If you want to show off your tummy, you may need more than just Lipo...You may need some skin tightening as well, like a form of Tummy Tuck....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
You would do better with a skin excisional procedure than liposuction.