Based on the Photos Below, What Kind of Surgery/treatment Would Give Me the Best Results? (photo)

I have been growing more and more self conscious about the crookedness of my nose. Its getting to the point where I really want to do something about it. However, I do not know what kind of surgery I need, or what would give me the best results. Something I feel like I should add is that I had surgery to correct a deviated septum about a couple years ago.

Surgery for crooked nose and deviated septum

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery involves different techniques when adjusting the cartilages and bone in the nose to straighten and give symmetry to the nose.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow and straighten irregularities in the nasal bones and spreader grafts made of the patient’s own cartilage are placed along the concaved side where there is a depression in the midthird of the nose.  Multiple techniques to address asymmetries and crookedness of the nasal tip include suturing and cartilage grafting.  Any airflow issues due to a deviated septum should be addressed at the same time.  All of these procedures can be done through either closed or open rhinoplasty techniques.

Crooked nose

+1

It is difficult to assess your septum based on your photographs, but it does appear that your crooked nose is due mainly to your external nasal cartilaginous framework.  Having a previous septoplasty does make things a little more difficult for future rhinoplasty as you may be lacking septal cartilage which is used for grafting during rhinoplasty.  Ear cartilage may be necessary to provide the result you desire.   

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated Nose

+1

Based on the front view photograph, there are two concerns which stand out. 1. The cartilages which make up the tip of your nose (there are two of them; one for each half) are asymmetric in shape.  2. There is a deviation to the tail end of your septum.  Together, they are causing the deviated appearance of the tip of your nose.  In the 3/4 view photo, there also appears to be some over projection of the tip of your nose.  I'm in agreement with the other surgeons that you will need a septorhinoplasty to address the problem. The deviated nose correction is an operation which requires surgeon skill and experience. Take a little time to familiarize yourself with surgeons in your area who have significant experience working on noses. Also, do take a copy of your Septoplasty surgery report with you when you meet with a surgeon. It may have useful information in it which may help in planning your septorhinoplasty. RB

Ramin Behmand, MD

Your Crooked Nose Needs a Septorhinoplasty

+1

The quick answer based on your photos is a septorhinoplasty. This would insure that the entire nose is straight and that it will likely stay straight forever. It looks like you still have some residual septal deviation that is adding to the crooked appearance, but it is likely more than just the septum that is causing the problem. A careful exam by a board certified surgeon with a lot of experience in rhinoplasty would be helpful. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose

+1

Dear naeseth,

It appears that you have a crooked nose with noticeable tip asymmetry. A septorhinoplasty procedure should be able to improve the appearance of your nose.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation. It would be helpful if you can bring a copy of the medical record from your previous operation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Inverted Lower Lateral Nasal Cartilage Causing Crooked Nasal Tip

+1

Hi Naeseth,

Stop sleeping on the left sid of your nose, you are swishing it.  Just kidding!  Your left lower lateral cartilage appears to be inverted.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can correct that by "flipping" the lateral portion of the cartilage over and suturing it back in place.  (You will need to sleep on your back for a few weeks following the correction).

Most importantly choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Crooked nose

+1

It appears that your nasal tip deviates to the right side. I could not tell you if the septum is still causing the deviation without a full examination. However, it does appear that the deviation is coming from the way your cartilages on the tip are configured. There is a full concavity on your left side that needs to be repaired. The rest of the cartilage on the tip may have to be moved to the middle as well, with or without a revision septoplasty, depending what the examination shows.

I would consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Good Luck,

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repair of Crooked Nose

+1

Unfortunately I think you have residual deviation of your septum which is contributing to your crooked nose. You also have obvious asymmetry of your nasal tip. All of this can be improved with a septorhinoplasty. See an experienced surgeon who specializes in this work, a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who primarily does nasal surgery.

Hello

+1

Thank you for your pictures it helps, first I would start by suggesting you go see a certified Plastic Surgeon and get a consultation to evaluate you and give you your options. Every doctor is different and has different ways to correct your nose.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS