Based on These Pictures - Am I the Right Woman for a Benelli Lift? (photo)

What lift do you think is best in my case? I am not interested in breast implants and intend on having children in about 4 years. Like most women I would prefer not to have a vertical scar. What do you think is necessary in my case?

Breast Lift

+2

A Benelli lift will most likely not achieve enough “lift” in your case. Each incision you add to a breast lifting procedure adds more lift and more breast reshaping. In your case, the Benelli lift will not add enough lift and you will most likely seek additional lift afterwards. I would recommend either a vertical (lollipop) or full (anchor) mastopexy in your case.

Based on These Pictures - Am I the Right Woman for a #BenelliLift? (photo) ANS:

+2

I don't think so..You have too much droop to correct with just a Periareolar Benelli type lift. Your nipple is well below your crease under your breast and your tissue seems very relaxed...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

I think you posted these same photos under another question?

Please see response there. In general, I do not think you are a candidate, whatsoever, for a Benelli lift. There is too much descent of the breast and you have large areolae. This would require a very large outer circle on the Benelli lift, which carries with it a high risk of areolar or scar spreading. Good luck in your decision-making.

- Dr. Sayed

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift only designed to lift the areola position

+2

A benelli lift also known as a purse-string or donut lift is designed to reduce the areola size and to reposition the areola only.  It cannot shape the lower portion of the breast and it is not designed to lift and/or reposition the breast tissue above the breast fold.  From your photos you would benefit from these second two procedures of reshaping and repositioning the breast tissue itself that a circumvertical or lollipop breast lift would accomplish.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Best Breast Lifting Option for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on the position, size, and asymmetry of your breasts, I think you will do very well with “full” breast lifting/reduction surgery. This operation will serve to improve the positioning and symmetry of your breasts.

There is no good way to do this with “little or no scarring”. Based on experience, I would suggest that your 1st concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure (at the right time of their lives) will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 
 In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Benelli Is A Bad Idea

+2

Well, it's unanimous. Although all agree that it's not right for you, the Benelli lift is clearly a favorite of the doctors who responded to you, me included.  That's because it can make a small, slightly sagging breast look fantastic (in conjunction with an implant) with just a circular scar at the edge.  It is also the number one procedure named in malpractice lawsuits against surgeons for cosmetic breast surgery. How can this be? This procedure does not work well in larger, more sagging breasts, and causes deformities that are uniformily unattractive, and are difficult to correct.  The combination of patients pressuring their doctors to perform it, and the general pressure all doctors feel to 'keep the patient' has led to the all too frequent usage of the procedure on the wrong patient.

The improvement in shape to your breasts derived from a full lift cannot be matched with a lessor type of lift, and the quality of scarring cannot be matched either: you are likely to get the finest scars with a full mastopexy. You are right though, most woman are concerned with the vertical scar, but they should be more concerned with the inframammary scar, that's the one more likely to be noticible. The vertical scar is most ikely to fade and become nearly inconspicuous with time.

You should seek out surgeons who specialize in all types of breast surgery who have a great reputation for breast lmplants, lifts and reductions. A minimum requirement is certification by the ABPS and membership to the ASAPS,  You can then decide if you want to move forward with the appropriate procedure or wait.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Hello

+2

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from a vertical lift or anchor breast lift. I did see you dont want the addional scars but without a bigger lift or implants you will not get the the results you are looking for. Make sure you  get a second opinion with a Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Based on These Pictures - Am I the Right Woman for a Benelli Lift?

+2

I actually like the results of a Benelli lift for the right patient and do quite a few of them, but it would not be a good procedure for your anatomy. You will get the best results with an attractive and youthful look with the anchor pattern scar, often referred to as a Wise pattern.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Benelli breast lift does not correct severe sagging.

+2

Hi.

1)  The Benelli lift would be a real mistake for you .You will not be at all happy with shape or even with the pleated scar.  We do use it for mild sagging, particularly together with implants.

2)  The good news is that women accept the lollipop scar really well (which fades), because they are so happy with the new shape. You need a vertical, internal,  Lejour breast lift.

3)  You also need correction of breast asymmetry.  I would do a small left breast reduction. and make both areolas smaller.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

What kind of lift is best for me?

+2

Based upon the photos you have provided my opinion would be that you need a more formal lift to achieve a perkier breast. There is no replacement for an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon so I would recommend you schedule a consultation or two to more carefully review your options.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS