Based on my Stats, Are my Hopes Realistic? (photo)

So, I recently asked a question about my goals based on my stats. they are 5 11' 150 pounds 36 bra/ribcage. I'm currently a small C or large B with mid 300 salines (350-375). I'm switching to silicone and wondering if 650 would give me a desired result, or 700? or if I'm even being realistic. I've had my current set of implants for 5 years now if that is useful information. I got some great feedback previously but I thought pictures of my current chest and my goal chest would help. Thanks!

Large Implants Are Not Without Risk

+2
Thank you very much for your question and for sharing your photos.  Your expectations regarding size are likely realistic given your height weight and body shape evident on the photograph.  Another important piece of data is your base diameter.  If you exceed your base diameter and skin envelope excessively, you run the risk of an increased chance of wrinkling, palpability and implant malposition in the long run.  Things should do well in the short term, but you must keep these long term risks in mind when making the decision.  Future revision or reoperation should be part of your decision making process.  Best of luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectations From Revision Breast Augmentation

+2

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your photo.

As a rule of thumb, very 200cc will account for a single cup size.

However, the trick is within your natural breast base and the rest of your anatomical features that will contribute to how the final results will be perceived.

So without a physical consolation, it is not possible to provide you with a definitive advise about whether a 650-700cc would best fit your goals.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Replacement of saline implants with larger silicone gel implants

+2

It would help to see a picture.  Much depends on your natural breast structure.  If the implant base is too large relative to the natural base width of the breast, the result tends to look artificial.  High profile implants have smaller bases, but tend to thrust out the upper pole of the breast.  This is particularly true if you don't have much of your natural breast structure to camouflage the implant.  If you are going to go to this size ask your surgeon to show you examples of his patients that made a similar change, so that you can see whether this is a result you will like.  Best of luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Changing Breast Implants To Go From B Cup To A DD Cup.

+2

Based on an indwelling volume of 375cc and changing to 600cc breast implants is a volume increase of 60% only. While what the breast size of a DD cup looks like is open to different interpretations, I can say with certainty that a 60% change from a B/C cup will leave you disappointed. You will probably end up more like a C/D cup. If you do not double the breast implant volume you have, you will fall short. Such numbers seem enormous but you must put it in perspective the size change that has occurred with the volume you now have. Volume is just a number, you only care what it looks like not what the number is. A 700cc high profile breast implant is more likely the volume change you need, if not slightly more, given your height and weight. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast implant should fit breast width

+2

Thank you for your question.  Generally, patients will get the best result with an implant that is as wide as your existing breast width or slightly narrower.  So the correct "size" implant depends on this.  Within a given width range, there are various implant volumes.  It is hard to say what cup you will be.  I ask my patients to focus on proportions and we select an implant that is the correct size and proportion for their body.  Keep in mind several things.  One is that silicone implants looks smaller than saline.  For the sake of illustration, if you simply switched your 375cc saline implants to 375cc silicone implants, the silicone implants would appear smaller.  This is because they are  more compressible.  Second, since you are having a second surgery, you might want to consider switching to the form stable style 410 silicone implants (shaped).  These implants have the advantage of very low leak rates.  They are not yet FDA and are available through plastic surgeons participating in the FDA study.  Please consult with your plastic surgeon.  There a lots of implant options available.  For example, you may need a high profile implant to get the volume you want.  Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Hopes Realistic For Revisionary Breast Augmentation?

+2

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Based on your body type, careful communication of your goals will be very important;  I would suggest that you do not base this communication ( or your satisfaction with the results of surgery) on a specific cup size.  Goal pictures and an emphasis on achieving a “proportionate” (given your height and weight) result  may be helpful.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.   Make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “DD" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Are my Hopes Realistic?

+2

This question will have to await your consultation. A photo would help some. Many surgeons quote a one cup increase in size for each 200-225 cc of implant. Based on that you should expect a one cup increase with the 600 cc implants, but that would presumably not get you to a DD. Be aware that there are no fixed definitions of cup sizes.

Thanks for your question. Consider uploading photos for a more useful set of answers. Best wishes. 

Silicone imnplants redo

+1

The answer is toi take out the ones there now,remove the capsule and just see what your pocket will accomidate.You want to be big and your chest pocket may not hold a 650 or 700 cc implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Too big, too big, too big!  Implants that large will make you appear heavy and I would advise against it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Happiness after exchanging breast implants

+1

First you must determine what you want to look like. The photo of the model represents a very thin person with a narrow chest and large implants with lots of cleavage. Her chest size is probably 32 and not 36. Still you could go up substantially and probably be more satisfied than your present implants of 350 cc or so. Try not to get caught up in cup sizes except to get an approximation of what you want so you can relate it to your plastic surgeon. Cup sizes cannot be guaranteed, but it gives your surgeon an idea of your goals. Also remember that bra sizes are not standardized very well.

The best idea is to see your plastic surgeon and try on sizers in a bra with and without a T-shirt. This will give you the best idea of what looks good to you. I expect you will need a 650 to 700 bcc implant, but this is for you to decide once you have tried the sizers. If it's more cleavage you want, the implants will probably have to go above the muscle as implants can be placed slightly closer above the muscle. Keep in mind that you will not look like the model. Everyone is different, but you can get closer to your goals than you are now. Good luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon