My Base Width is 12.9 and the Surgeon Used 11.9, is This Why They Look Deformed?

I had 304cc natrelle 15. They look awful, I feel them at bottom. They are stiff, and all on top and nothing on bottom. Could this be from not using the right size? I didn't know there were different sizes for BWD.

+1

You do not state when you had your surgery.

It is nearly always the case that the breasts are firm early in the postop period, and that the implants sit high.

Breast implants tend to drop and the breasts soften over the first few months postop.

Breast implants can often be felt at the bottom of the breast since they sit just under the skin.

Remember that the breast base width as measured by the plastic surgeon is less than the external base width, as the measurement must be decreased by the soft tissue thickness. Furthermore your implant width is very close to your base width (1 cm is less than a half-inch).

Stay in touch with your surgeon, and good luck!

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Base width and breast implants

+1

Ther are many things to consider when performing breast augmentation.  One factor is that the width of the implant should not be greater than the base width of the breast.  Another factor is the distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold.  In general, you should not dissect the pocket much lower than the fold, but there is some leeway.  From your description of your problem, your lower pockets may not have been dissected far enough, leaving too much upper fullness.  If this is the case, it is much easier to correct than overdissection that leaves the pocket too low.  You need to discuss this with your surgeon. 

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about breast augmentation outcome and implant base width

+1

Without having any photos that can be used to assess your situation, it is impossible to provide you with any meaningful advice or information. As regards the implants themselves, there are many factors that need to be considered aside from base width of the implants (and you) in order to help provide you with the best possible surgical outcome.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Base width and implant size

+1
The measured base diameter of the breast is external, so the implant diameter has to be less than that. It is normal to be ablle to feel the implant along the bottom because there is no muscle coverage there. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeonm

Richard Baxter, MD

Base width and surgical results

+1

The bse wisth is only one of many parameters we use in deciding what size implant to use, in general the width of the implant should not exceed the base width of the breast for optimal results. However many other factors go into the final result and base width is probably one of the lesser determinants. It is impossible to give you advice without knowing how long ago your operation was and seeing pictures. Make sure you have an open line of communication with yopur doctor  and that he or she understands your concerns. Good Luck 

Johan E. Brahme, MD

How Important is Base Width

+1

Base width is only one of many guides to help in determining which implants will appropraitely fit your frame.  Without photos there is no way to give you more information about your current situation, but 1 cm isnt even half of one inch.  Submit photopgraphs and perhaps more information can be provided to you in your case. Otherwise discuss this in detail with your surgeon to determine more about your concerns.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD