Bariatric Surgery on a Perritoneal Dialysis Patient?

I am on perritoneal dialysis and need to lose at least 40# for my BMI to be low enough to safely receive a kidney. I am 5'6" and 257#. I am just looking into my options any suggestions?

Sleeve Gastrectomy on peritoneal dialysis

+1

In my opinion this is an acceptable option and carries little risk of infection. Surgeons from Cleveland clinic in florida have looked at peritoneal fluid and safety of mesh placement in a sleeve gastrectomy and results show that infection risk is very low. A patient on peritoneal dialysis should be able to tolerate a sleeve gastrectomy with comparable infection rates as a patient without an intra-abdominal catheter. 

Houston Bariatric Surgeon