Lasek (PRK) Removes Bowman's Layer Permanently. Will It Cause Adverse Effect to Eyes?

Will Lasek (PRK) weaken the eyes significantly ? Lasek (PRK) removes bowman's layer permanently. Will it cause adverse affect to eyes ? What is the function of bowman's layer ?

LASEK and PRK removes bowman's membrane

Bowman's membrane is an extra cellular matrix that's excreted by live cells. It's got no function. The first human patient who had refractive surgery in the world is a lady in New Orleans who had PRK 30 years ago and is still 20/20. I know this because I know her surgeon and she presented this case to me. PRK has a decade longer track record than LASIK. LASEK is safer than LASIK and heals faster than PRK

New York Ophthalmologist