Lasek (PRK) Removes Bowman's Layer Permanently. Will It Cause Adverse Effect to Eyes?

Will Lasek (PRK) weaken the eyes significantly ? Lasek (PRK) removes bowman's layer permanently. Will it cause adverse affect to eyes ? What is the function of bowman's layer ?

LASEK and PRK removes bowman's membrane

+1

Bowman's membrane is an extra cellular matrix that's excreted by live cells. It's got no function. The first human patient who had refractive surgery in the world is a lady in New Orleans who had PRK 30 years ago and is still 20/20. I know this because I know her surgeon and she presented this case to me. PRK has a decade longer track record than LASIK. LASEK is safer than LASIK and heals faster than PRK

New York Ophthalmologist