Vaser and heat emission while lipo being done and Tumescent lipo. Can you clarify all this process?

Hello, I went to a PS and he mentioned that plastic surgery with VASER burning of the skin is possible as supposedly the vibration of the probe inside under the skin produces heat. I am afraid the quality of my skin won't take the procedure. On the other hand Tumescent lipo is safer since there is not heating in the process. Since I don't have the access to the real info, can a kind doctor clarify all this process to me.?

Vaser and tumescent liposuction

+2
The Vaser is simply ultrasonic liposuction assist which has been around for 20 + years.   ALL LIPOSUCTION is tumescent liposuction.  This refers to placing fluid in the tissue before liposuction.  The epinephrine and anesthetic in the fluid helps make blood loss and pain a lot less.    The Vaser is a very gentle form of Ultrasonic Liposuction.   The fat is liquified by a gentle and reliable process of using ultrasonic energy to apply heat to the tissue.    Melting the fat somewhat prior to suction make the process easier and more gentle.   The old form of liposuction with no utrasound was harsher and produced more pain and longer healing.   If the surgeon has experience with ultrasonic liposuction, the Vaser system is extremely safe.   Generally the skin is not touched by the probes, but some Vaser procedures are done with the titasnium  probe next to the skin (High Definition Liposuction) and axillary sweat glade procedures which  I have written about.   The Vaser can be very safe next to the skin.   So Vaser is very very safe if used by safe surgeons in safe facilities.    Hope this helps.  And remember all liposucton of 2014 is TUMESCENT.   Yes 100%.   My Best,  DR C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

All Liposuction Is Tumescent

+1
Dr. George Commons answered this beautifully. All liposuction is indeed tumescent (which refers to the epinephrine and anesthetic fluid that helps loosen fat cells before extraction). In my opinion, in properly trained hands, VASER is the most innovative and safest form of liposuction available today.

It’s use of ultrasonic waves allow for a much gentler extraction of fat cells than traditional methods at the same time preserving lots of the small nerves, blood cells and connective tissue. In addition, the new probes allow for precise sculpting and incredible definition results when in the right hands for patients.

Make sure to seek out a highly qualified VASER liposuction doctor. VASER doctors all use the same tools (similar to artists with a set of brushes), but only an experienced and highly trained VASER plastic surgeons can deliver you the optimum results you deserve.

Tumescent is the anesthesia whether you’re using VASER or suction assisted lipoplasty. Suction assisted lipoplasty rips the connective tissue while sucking out the fat cells which can make for a more traumatic and bloodier procedure. VASER (used properly by a trained plastic surgeon) leaves you at an extremely low risk for any skin or burn issues.

It’s also less traumatic to the connective tissues. The real question is does your surgeon have a VASER? VASER has been very safe and effective across the world. Properly used the risk of skin burns should be almost 0.

Dr. Millard

John Millard, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1
If you want the risk of thermal burns to be reduced as much as possible, heat sources must be eliminated.