Should I lose weight before lipo? I'm 44, and 124lbs (Photo)

Hi, I am a Hispanic female, 44 years old. 124 lbs. Need to get rid of the obvious stubborn fat deposits of fat ON my hips, sacro region, saddle bags, inner thighs, my butt, and lower/mid abs. I want to know if losing weight would make it easier for the PS in order to removes more fat cells as they will be smaller. I even want to do the side of my knees. I want to be as sculpted as the doctor can!

Weight Loss before Lipo

+1
It appears that you certainly do not need to lose weight before your procedure, for the few troubled areas you have, liposuction would be the best solution.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Should I lose weight before lipo? I'm 44, and 124lbs

+1

I would maintain your weight.   A liposuction expert should be able to make those types of improvements.

Lose weight before liposuction

+1
You certainly do not need to, nor should you, lose weight.  There are too many women out there with body weights that are too low to be healthy - dont be one of them. You have a few areas that bother you, liposuction is a good tool for that.  I would say to stop worring about the "pouch when yo sit or stand properly" - I dont see it in the picture.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Lose weoght before lipo?

+1
From your photos, it does not look as if you have to lose more weight.  However, you appear to have some stretch marks and cellulite on you upper lateral thighs.  Beware!  Liposuction does not cure cellulite, nor can it make stretch marks disappear. our liposuction can not be too agresive.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hi. You needn't be so tough on yourself. IMHO you look very good. I agree that you might benefit from selective lipo. Loosing further weight will not help. A word of caution, because you are svelte there is very little room for an aggressive approach to your lipo. You need selective liposculpture. 

You also need to realize that you can't get rid of of genetic makeup. As a latin woman, you are bound to have curves. I have been practicing in the Miami area for the past 29 yyears and my practice is predominantly hispanic.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in facial cosmetic surgery. Remember this is your face....can't cover it up! Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD