What Bandages/Garments Do You Usually Advise for Post-op Chin Patients?

Hello, I am considering a chin implant. What bandages do you usually put on patients post-procedure and how long do they have to wear it?

Chin implant dressings

+2
I typically use a small 1/2 inch elasto-plast tape dressing with a small telfa over the minimal incision. This is left on for two to three days and helps to reduce swelling and keeps the implant in position.

Chin implant - post surgical dressing

+2

Typically I place a stretchy foam tape dressing for two days.  This is probably not necessary but I like the idea of having some pressure to minimize swelling in the area.  The dressing is only on for two days. 

Douglas Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dressings after chin implant

+2

If chin implant placement is performed as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with rhinoplasty, we do not use any dressing for the chin.

Commonly, I perform chin enhancement together with face and neck lifts. Then, a neck dressing is used to support the the neck under the chin.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin badnages or garments after chin augmentation

+2

The use of post-operative garments depends on the implant and the method of fixation. Some surgeons use very few garments while others may  use tape and/or elastic garments for up to 72 hours.

Chin implant dressing

+1

I typically use a stretchy tape dressing over the area for a couple days to help keep down the swelling and prevent implant shifting. There is a non stick telfa dressing directly over the incision line and sutures. the sutures are removed 1 week after surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bandages/Garments Do You Usually Advise for Post-op Chin

+1

In most cases I provide a chin velcro strap. I have use just taping in the early days of my practice. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski