How Often to Change Bandages After Tummy Tuck w/ Lipo?

I just had a full tummy tuck with lipo of the flanks, hips, medial thigh and knees. I have a lot of banaging under my compression garment and was wondering how often should the bandaging be changed. Also, how do I care for the new belly button? Mine was packed with some yellow gauze and I was told to leave that in there until my next visit which is in a week. I just need some help with understanding this process. Thank youl

Postoperative care after tummy tuck

+2

Usually surgeons will have no problem with you coming by the office earlier than your scheduled appointment if you want to be seen.

That is usually preferable to getting the opinion of a doctor who did not do the surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drbrent.com/index.php

+1

Informed consent and post operative instructions with your complete understanding is a paramount issue here! Please call your chosen surgeon for more in detailed explanation to "his" post operative protocols, ASAP! We each have differing orders and care. Otherwise in my personal patients I remove "ALL" dressings at 2 days post op for a complete cleaning and inspection of the incisions, drain sites, giving additional instructions. But that is me. From MIAMI 

+1

Please follow your surgeon's recommendations.Each one of us has a different routine based on training and experience.

Post Op Tummy Tuck Instrucitons

+1

The best advice to to follow the instructions of your surgeon.  Every surgeon has different post op instructions for tummy tuck / abdominoplasty and different ways they like to do the bandaging.  You should have received a post-operative instruction form after your surgery.  If not, call your surgeon's office for the instructions.  In my office, we have the patients leave the bandages in place until their first post-operative visit.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Postoperative tummy tuck care

+1

It is not unusual for surgeons to leave the initial dressings in place until the first office visit. We prefer to see ours after three days but at one week you should be fine. Your surgeon and staff should guide you through the dressing and garments during your first visit. Sit tight and recover.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Tummy Tuck Dressing/Bandages

+1

The best way to determine how to handle dressing and garments after surgery is to call your plastic surgeon. They should be happy to explain what should be done, and when. If it can't be handled over the phone, they may ask you to visit the office for a quick check. This way everyone is on the same page.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Care for a Tummy Tuck

+1

You should call your Plastic Surgeon and see what they recommend.  Each Surgeon has their own way of caring for post operative patients. I think they would want you to do things just the way they want. Give them a call, that's what they're there for. Best of Luck!