I had a band of skin remove on my neck to tighten my sagging how long does it take to fully heal and tighten?

Its been 2 weeks and i still have some sagging. My surgeon assured me it takes a few months for the skin and muscle to fully come back together because it had been separated during surgery to remove the band of skin. Is this correct?

Lower Facelift Healing

In general, it take a few weeks for all the swelling to resolve from a lower facelift. That said, if you have residual hanging skin, it is possible that the lift was incomplete. This can happen for a variety of reasons -- a sutures didn't hold, the skin was not released enough, etc. Please express your concerns to your surgeon. If you are dissatisfied, I recommend seeking a second opinion.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Sagging

Without reviewing your surgeon's operative report, I do not know what was done in your procedure. It takes weeks to months to totally heal from facial surgery. Discuss with your surgeon if you should wear a neck garment to help.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD