Do I Need to Have Liposuction on my Banana Rolls Also?

I would like to do liposuction and went to a docter. My idea was to do my saddlebags, hips and lower abdomen. But the docter was talking about my banana rolls as well (never heard about that). The docter said that normally he is doing the saddlebags, bananarolls and hips togther. (he wouldnt suggest to do the lower abdomen without doing the upper abdomen). So I went home and took pictures of myself and now I'm confused. My saddlebags are under my butt, isn't it?

Liposuction of banana roll

+2

From the limited view in this photograph, I would avoid use of liposuction in the banana roll area as this could make this roll appear even worse. To some degree, it appears that a buttock lift might eliminate some of the skin excess that aggravates the appearance of teh skin fold.

Use caution for lipo on "banana rolls"

+2

The banana roll is a term used to describe the roll of fat that can develop under the buttock crease. We have learned with experience that it is a very tricky area to do, because it is essentially at the top of a column of subcutaneous fat on the back of the thigh that is holding up the buttocks. When it is removed too aggressively, the buttocks just drop more, and that pushing down can even create a new banana roll. You want to make sure your liposuction surgeon is very experienced when considering treating that area.

Liposuction on banana rolls also

+1

Yes I would do Smart Lipo + lipo on those areas. Remember there is ALWAYS a risk in doing lipo on skin that has loss its elasticity.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Beware the banana roll

+1

The saddlebags are the areas at the outer thighs that stick out.  The banana roll area is the area between the buttocks and the upper posterior thighs.  The banana rolls provide support to the buttocks.  If they are suctioned the buttocks may sag, so you must be careful in this area.  I rarely recommend suctioning the banana rolls.  Make sure your plastic surgeon is board certified and has experience with liposuction.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/abdominoplasty.asp

Liposuction of saddlebags abdomen and avoidance of banana rolls

+1

Saddlebags are on the outside of the thighs extending from the level of the mid buttock to lower, but they are not below the buttock on the back of the thigh. It is good practice to peform liposuction on the upper and lower abdomen if there is excess fat on the upper abdomen, otherwise if one only works on the lower abdomen, the fat of the upper will fold over the belly button area and look strange. Some people only have a small pouch on the lower belly and this can be done as a solitary area. The banana roll refers to a bulge on the upper back thigh immediately under the buttock crease. if it is aggressively suctioned, the buttock can drop and a second banana roll or crease can develop in the upper back thigh. this is a tricky area. You need an experienced liposuction surgeon.

Liposuction for banana roll deformity.

+1

Your picture shows sagging skin on the right buttock "banana roll" already. You need an experienced liposuction surgeon or you will have sagging skin after if it is not done conservatively.

Doctor suiggestions

+1

While a doctor may or may notsuggestion a procedure, you are in ultimate control of what you do. If something doesn't bother you, don't operate on it. In general, a plastic surgeon should not suggest an operation that is unrelated to your concerns. In your case, one could make a very small case of the possibility that an area adjacent to an area that is to be liposuctioned may look more disproportionate if it too is not addressed, but some doctors mihgt feel it is unethical. The key to liposuction is limiting the areas of operation. The more you do, the more you are a less ideal candidate, the more risks there are.

The caution against performing liposuction on the banana is relative

+1

Here is the thing, the risk with the banana is the worry of changing the nature of the gluteal fold under the tush. For near bathing suit models or those spending a lot of time in the view of others in the near buff this is a big deal.  For non bathing suit models having this area improved with liposuction (not perfect mind you ) the trade off of looking better in a pair of jeans is worth it.  You are some one who probably needs an near circumferential liposuction of the thigh.  These are big areas and probably best done in stages.  The saddle bag refers to the fullness seen at the bottom of the outer thigh.  It accounts for a cello shape rather than a more pleasing feminine shape.  Hope that helps.  

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Bannana Roll vs Saddlebag Area for Liposuction

+1

No - the saddlebag area is not underneath your buttocks.  That area is called the bananna roll area, and can be a very difficult area to treat, since often times it can lead to the appearance of a sagging buttock area afterwards. Your saddlebags are the areas on the outside of your thighs below your hips themselves, and are usually very amendable to liposuction.  Without seeing you, I cannot comment on the abdomen itself.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon