Super Saggy Breasts - What to Do? (photo)

I'm 28, 5'2 and no children yet. I've always been large breasted but now they've gone way out of proportion. I'm open to anything that would improve my bust, whether it's a lift or a reduction or any other suggestion. I've been telling myself I should wait with this until I had children, but would it be ok to do it now instead? Also I'd like to still have large breasts, it's part of my personality and I don't want to be flat chested. But not with breasts down to my belly button anymore.

Ultimate Breast Lift ideal for super saggy breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.

You are the ideal candidate for the Ultimate Breast List technique. The UBL lifts and successfully reshapes the female breast to a more youthful, perky appearance without the need of breast implants for upper pole fullness. The areola is never separated and most of the lactating ducts are never disturbed, making breastfeeding possible.  A vertical scar is never needed, so scarring is minimal. Do your research. This is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or breast reduction?

+1

A breast lift and a breast reduction have similar goals.  In both, the object is to elevate the nipple/areola on the breast while tightening the "sling" of skin below the areola, thus giving a perkier look to the breast.  In a breast reduction, there is one additional goal - to remove excess breast tissue.  Insurance companies tend to cover breast reductions which they see as a functional problem.  They do not cover breast lifts which they perceive as cosmetic.  You did not mention what cup size you are currently or what cup size you might like to be.  From your picture, it looks as thought you would benefit from a breast reduction, but whether or not enough tissue would be removed to qualify for insurance coverage is difficult to tell from your pictures.  Also, if you want to remain large-breasted then a lift with only a slight reduction (not covered by insurance) might be the answer.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Lifts

+1

An unavoidable consequence of aging is the loss of elasticity, or tone, in skin and soft tissues. This process, which may be compounded by changes, which occur during and after pregnancy, will ultimately lead to 'drooping' of the breasts. A variety of surgical breast surgery techniques can be used for restoring the breasts to a more youthful position and shape. The goal is to both relocate the nipples to a higher position, and to restore breast projection (and to maintain projection for the long term).

Having a breast lift operation involves making a decision to trade an improved breast shape and contour for some (well-placed and concealed) surgical scars on the breast. For the Raleigh breast lift patient who is displeased that her nipples are downpointing, it may be a relatively easy decision. The surgical incisions are strategically placed to be as minimally noticeable as is possible. One component is around the areola, which is usually well concealed by the color difference between breast skin and areolar skin. The second component extends vertically from the '6 o'clock' position of the areola to the fold below the breast, and as the majority of this scar faces downward, it is usually quite acceptable.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Large saggy breasts. What can be done

+1

I definitely think you are a candidate for a breast reduction and lift.  The breasts don't need to be reduced any more than you would like, but at this size you will have long term problems with back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain.  I would use an  apron flap technique which leaves you with one hidden scar under your breast and one around your areolae.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Breastlift at 28?

+1

Now is absolutely a good time to have surgery, as long as your health is good and you have no imminent plans to have a baby in the very near future. A lift with an anchor scar with a small reduction would give you a very nice result, and improve the match between the breasts. Your nipple will remain attached to the underlying breast tissue so you can ultimately breastfeed if you would like. Pregnancy and breastfeeding may impact the size, shape and symmetry of the breasts, so you might want to pursue a revision in the future, which tends to use the existing scars. You should be happy with your body, so if your breast contour makes you feel self conscious, you should think about meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to help you safely achieve your goals!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Mastopexy

+1

You will benefit significantly from a breast lift with a small reduction componet which is necessary for reshaping the breasts. You should discuss how much smaller you would like to be with your plastic surgeon during your evaluation

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Mastopexy

+1

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. I commonly use a minimal incision technique (Le Jour), eliminating the need for large scars while providing a pleasing breast contour and shape that is proportionate to the patient’s body. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Mastopexy with reduction

+1

You can have a mastopexy with a reduction.  Since you want to keep the volume of your breasts, I would recommend a minimal reduction.  YOu may need a revision after you have completed your family.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Having a Breast Lift/Reduction with larger, saggy breasts

+1

You are exactly right in wanting to preserve the size of your breasts even though you want a lift and a reduction. You are an excellent candidate for a lift with some degree of reduction. If too much is removed and you become a small C, you might find that you are too small.  You should discuss with your surgeon what you see as a successful result in terms of size. If you want a moderate reduction along with the lift, there should be no problem in achieving this. The more tissue is retained, the better the circulation to the nipple/areola will be, and the less chance of healing problems due to decreased blood supply to that area.

While nipple sensation is usually retained after breast reduction, there is always some risk that it will be partially or even completely lost.  This can interfere with breast feeding.  If the ability to breast feed is important, you might want to wait until after having children

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift, Breast Reduction, or Should I Wait?

+1

Dear Lornaj,  There are a number of issues that you need to address before you proceed.  You mentioned the issue of childbearing but you did not indicate how soon in the future you plan on having children.  If you are planning to have children soon-in the next year or two, then I would advise waiting until after having your children before proceeding since pregnancy will certainly change the shape of your breasts and may even require another surgery to correct.

Also, you did not mention your plans for possibly nursing your children.  While many types of breast lifts and reductions offer the "potential" for being able to nurse after the procedures, there is no way to be 100% certain about the ability to nurse.  If nursing your children is a very important part of your childbearing experience, then you may want to wait until after you have finished having children before undergoing a lift or a reduction.

Lastly, you would be a good candidate for either a breast lift or a small breast reduction.  Which procedure is the right option for you depends on your expectations and your examination.  Please obtain a few consultations with some of the board-certified plastic surgeons in your community who can help guide you in making the right decision for you.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon