Thoughts; tummy tuck? Laser Lipo? Cool sculpting? Liposuction? (Photos)

How flat can I get my stomach? I know I will not be able to wear a bikini due to the amount of stretch marks. I had 3 c section plus I was cut an additional time due to a miscarriage. I am in constant pain well discomfort and my doctor believes a tummy tuck will help. Do I or should I also get flank Liposuction? Any doctors include that in their cost? I'm also getting a reduction which is covered by my insurance.

Tummy Tuck - Laser Lipo-Cool Sculp

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs.

A brief review of your history that includes four pregnancies indicates you have abdominal muscles that have been "stretched", and your photograph shows loose skin and stretch marks above and below the umbilicus.  The best way to treat both lax muscles and skin is a full abdominoplasty.  The hip/flank area may be improved with liposuction.  

Smart Lipo and Cool Sculpting are procedures designed for smaller amounts of fat removal and skin that does not have that much laxity.

In my practice, we include the liposuction of the anterior flank/hip as part of the global fee if it is needed.

Good luck with your procedure.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

A tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks (hips) and abdomen will give you the best results

+2

From your picture it appears that you have some lipodystrophy (fat deposits) on your abdomen and flanks (hips). The best way to correct both of these problems and give you the best results is to preform liposuction on your abdomen and flanks along with a tummy tuck and plication diastasis recti (tightening your abdominal muscles). This can be done safely with out a drain if your surgeon limits the undermining of your upper half of your abdomen to just in the mid line, preserving the perforating blood vessels which supply the blood supply to this upper portion of your abdomen. Combining this with plication of the fascia (fibrous tissue) of the abdominal flap to the abdominal muscle fascia, makes it safer with better results and there is no need for a drain. See my paper on Abdominalplasty with suction Undermining with out the use of a drain, published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, PRS, September, 2011. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

TT vs Liposuction

+2
A TT removes fat and skin, while liposuction removes fat only. If you want less fat and tighter abdominal skin, you are a good candidate for a TT. Liposuction will remove fat but it may make the skin more relaxed and wrinkled. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures.

In your case, I do suggest a Tummy tuck along with liposuction to the waist, upper and lower back. The cost can be between $ 5000- 6500.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or cool sculpting

+1

A tummy tuck  with flank liposuction will give you your best result Laser liposuction will not improve your result and will increase your surgical time. Cool scultping will not be helpful. Your surgeon;s office will explain the fees. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Thoughts; tummy tuck? Laser Lipo? Cool sculpting? Liposuction?

+1

The best option as seen in the posted photos is a full tummy tuck. As for costs you also need to include the hospital costs as this portion is NOT covered by insurance so I would venture an out of pocket expense of $10,000.

Tummy improvement

+1
Dear 4betterme,
   Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing the pictures, tummy tuck will give you not only a flat stomach , but because of the muscles tightening, there is high likelihood that you will lose significant amount of weight. Few of my patients lost over 40 pounds in about 4 - 6 weeks !  Due to the significant amount of weight loss, I usually do not do liposuction procedure at the same time and I wait 6 - 8 weeks for the weight to stabilize and than assess the need for liposuction. Another important fact is that combination of tummy tuck and liposuction is associated with significantly higher rate of complication . It is my belief, that because cosmetic surgery is purely elective it should have as  minimum as possible, complication. So, I do it in two stages if necessary. Consult with board certified plastic surgeon whom you find safe and you like their before and after pictures.
                                           Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo

+1

For the best result you should have a tummy tuck and lipo at the same time. I, for one, almost always include liposuction at the same time as the tummy tuck provided there is no significant interference with the blood supply. You may even want to consider a full lower body lift also known as a belt lumpectomy..

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon