How long should I wait before a trip to Disneyworld after hernia repair, TT and BR?

I am having a hernia repair, tummy tuck, and breast reduction. We promised the kids (8,6,4) a trip Disney world but have no clue when to plan it. How long should I wait till we go? How many weeks/months should I recovery before Disney? My surgery is in a month and we would like to go this year.

Wait at least 6 weeks

You should probably wait at least 6 weeks before taking this trip. However, please ask your surgeon for their advice.

Either way, please keep your scars covered up well because tanning can lead to permanent pigmentation changes, making your scars more visible.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Would recommend at least 6 weeks - 3 months

Having multiple procedures that involve body contouring require a certain time period of recovery before normal activities can be resumed. Taking a trip to Disneyworld is either going to require a car drive of some magnitude or an airline flight and then time spent at Disneyworld usually requires significant amounts of walking. Because, you have had multiple procedures that are fairly significant, we would normally recommend a minimum wait time between surgery and going to Disneyworld of 6 weeks and preferably closer to 2 or 3 months, because at that time you will have your normal energy back and you will be much more able to have an enjoyable vacation.

Hope this helps!

Joseph Hunstad, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

11208 Statesville Road
Huntersville, NC 28078

Consult with your surgeon

Surgeon's differ in the post-op instructions they give to patients.  Ask the doctor you trust to do your surgery and who knows you well what you should expect after surgery. Online answers will not serve you well and could pose risk to you.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

235 Cypress St.
Brookline, MA 02445