One Implant Riding Very High After Breast Augmentation With Lift? (photo)

I had a ba and lollipop lift 4 days ago. I had 325 cc put in my left breast and 375 cc in my right saliene moderate profile under the muscle. After getting home from surgery my right breast became noticably higher then my left. Even now on day 4 my left is much more soft and easy to move then my right. Is this normal? My left has almost no pain and my right is much more unconfortable hard and stiff. I have no bruising or bleeding.

One Implant Riding High 4 Days after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

The breast with the larger implant will tend to be the one that is higher and has more pain.  In addition, same size implants do not drop at the same rate, and one will usually take longer.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

One week post-op

+1

All of your concerns should be directed to your surgeon.  Your volumes at least appear near equal so you can focus your energies on lowering the right implant with massage and asymmetric bra use.  Let your surgeon help you through your recovery.  You trusted him/her enough to let him/her do your surgery.  Now is not the time to have doubts about your surgeon and it is likely he/she will help you achieve the results you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

Post operative breast implant asymmetry

+1

HI,

It is too soon to be worried about the implant asymmetry. There may be differential swelling in each breast. I recommend gentle massage on the right (down and side to side) and be patient. What you see is not what you get for at least three months. Of course you should express your concerns to your doctor and see what he or she thinks. Sometimes a breast strap above the breasts also helps to drop the implants to a better position.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the picture.  It is common after breast augmentation to have some assymetry for the first couple of weeks.  It can take up to 3 months for the implants to drop to their final position.  In regards to the pain, most of my patients have one breast that is more sore than the other, usually their dominant hand side.  The pain will get better! I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil j. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Some breast asymmetry related to breast implant asymmetry is quite common seen shortly after breast surgery. It may take several weeks/months for the breast implants to fully “settle”. This settling process may be quite asymmetrical.

Therefore, it is best to evaluate the end results of surgery 3 to 6 months after it was performed. At this point, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure forms.

High Implant After Surgery

+1

It is way too early to tell. Your breasts will change over the next several months. You are still swollen and most likely will be for another several weeks. I recommend you relax for the time being and make sure to go to your follow up appointments. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

High implant four days post op

+1

Hello. Four days is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Early results of breast aug with lift

+1

The early results after breast augmentation are quite variable from patient to patient and from breast to breast. Adding a breast lift just adds to the variability. It is quite possible that you will see a complete resolution of the asymmetry without any treatment over the next several months. And the asymmetry might also persist and require a revision procedure to correct. It does not appear that you have an expanding hematoma or immediate need to return to the operating room. You will need to give the healing process time and continue the follow up with your surgeon. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to state exactly why this is happening to you. Can you have a hematoma?  Can it jsut be swelling?  Can it be muscle spasm?  Yes.  Best to be seen in person by your surgeon.

Four days postop

+1

You are only 4 days after your surgery.   What you are experiencing is quite common.   Postoperative swelling can taken anywhere from 2-8 weeks to resolve depending on the techniques performed in your surgery and your activity level.  Please followup with your PS for a checkup to make sure everything is healing well.   I'm sure you will love your resolves once everything has settled down.  Best wishes

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS