Breast reduction? How small should I go? (photo)

I love breast and do not want them small. I have always had huge areola and want them to remain a nice size. Do I have to have anchors and that t type scare? I wOuld also get a tummy tuck!

Breast reduction? How small should I go?

+2

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.   If you feel like you need additional time to  communicate with your plastic surgeon, make sure you schedule this,  preferably prior to the day of surgery.

Most patients, like you, wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Breast reduction to size proportionate to your body

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast ReductionTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the Wise pattern, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The areolas can be adjusted to the size you desire and the breast can be reduced to the size proportionate to your body. Pain is relieved by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle and you do not have to undergo excessive reduction to eliminate pain. The anchor technique was developed in 1956 (Wise pattern) and I personally have not used this technique in over 20 years. If you are interested in abdominoplasty, that can also be done but not at the same time. The duration of surgery would be too long.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

It sounds like you really DO NOT desire a reduction surgery!!! Better not to do it but just the TT.///

Breast reduction size ?

+1

Thanks for your questions and your photographs.

From the photos you look as though you are a good candidate for a full breast reduction. As you know full breast reduction also includes a breast lift and usually involves making the areolas smaller.

While there are different scar patterns for reducing the breasts the anchor pattern removes the most extra skin and I suspect it would be your best option.

Discuss your size goals with your PS, but remember the the larger you leave the breast the more quickly it will head south again.

In my own practice when we consider the size of the breast we consider not only the patients goals but the overall size of the patients body. We try to achieve a sense of balance.

I can not comment on your tummy, but share your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

+1
If you love your breast size and areola size then don't have a breast reduction. A breast reduction or breast lift surgery results in the trade-off of permanent scars, and yes, you would need the anchor scar pattern. A breast lift can be performed if the sagging is an issue for you, maintaining your large size, and your plastic surgeon can also maintain a large areola for you, but again, scars are the trade-off. A tummy tuck is a great surgery to improve the contours of your abdomen and has a high rate of satisfaction.

Hayley Brown, MD