Blowing a Balloon 5 1/2 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

can blowing a balloon do any damage at all to a nose that is 5 1/2 months post op rhinoplasty? Thanks.

5 1/2 Months

+1

The answer is "no," but your overall healing will take at least twelve months in order to gain the overall intended results.  Best of Healing to you!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blowing A Balloon 5.5 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

At 5.5 months, your nose should pretty stable and almost half way (if not more) down the recovery race.

Usually, such activities are not recommended within the first month or so post-op especially if it is of an extreme nature.

Please bear in mind to keep your nose safe from any accidental nasal trauma especially if grafting or osteotomies were performed.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Blowing A Balloon After Rhinoplasty

+1

More than likely blowing a balloon is not likely to cause damage.  My practice advises most patient a gradual increase in activity over a span of 4-6 weeks.   The key factor here is strong nasal breathing after surgery (insert any activity which does this), especially when a septoplasty has been performed, should be avoided to prevent damage to the lining of the nose.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon