Balled Tip and Uneven Nostrils

After my first nosejob, he decided to give me a second rhinoplasty. He broke the bone, removed tons of cartilage from the middle, but it looks like little was done to the nostrils. They're about the same size as before. It's been about 5 weeks and my nostrils get more and more flared and more and more uneven. Not only that, but there are two indentations on the sides of my nose, right below the bridge, around the tip; it's similar to Owen Wilson's nose now, and it used to be smooth. What can I do?

Unhappy after rhinoplasty

+1

Without reviewing any photos, it is difficult to give you any specific advice. You do mention that it has been only five weeks after your surgery; noses take much longer to heal so try to be patient, if possible. Regardless, since you do have these concerns, I would schedule an appointment with your surgeon as soon as possible so that your concerns can be addressed.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty look

+1

I am sorry that you are not happy with your nose at this time, but it is still early after your revision surgery. Give it some time, but speak with your doctor regarding your concerns.

Middle vault collapse after rhinoplasty

+1

Your description sounds like the middle third of the nose has become pinched or indented after surgery. This can happen if the normal support structures in this area are not restored during the operation, especially if a lot of cartilage, like a hump, was removed in this area. Nostril shape is affected by the healing process and anything that is done to the tip cartilages. The first step is to review this with your surgeon. You should wait at least a year from your surgery before doing anything else. Get two more opinions after the year mark and consider having a different surgeon do the work if you don't trust the current one. Allow time for healing, though, because re-operating too soon may be unnecessary and will give unpredictable results. Best of luck to you!

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

The "Owen Wilson" Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Danielle,

Acting lessons?  Certainly the Owen Wilson "look" is not what patient's are asking for, especially after two rhinoplasty procedures.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  There is not much to do for the next 5 to 11 months other possibly a very small amount of filler used to smooth out your deformities.  You can also use this time to get a few other opinions from expert surgeons.  I hope that your nose settles well, but it sounds as if you may need another revision surgery.  Choose your surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Please send pictures

+1

It is hard to make  suggestion without pictures. Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon?

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Balled Tip and uneven nostrils

+1

Danielle,

It's difficult to truly assess what you need surgically without seeing you in person or seeing a picture.  However, I would recommend talking to your plastic surgeon about your concerns.  It takes several months for the nose to shrink and heal down to the final shape.  If you want your nostrils smaller, he could possibly do a little procedure to make them smaller without having to re-do your nose.  In general - most plastic surgeons will do revisions without charging you for a surgery fee.  However, I would try to be patient as your nose will continue to change as it heals.

Dr. Cat Begovic

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD