I Am 33 Years Old and I Have Had the Gastric Sleeve. Went From 411 to 258, Stomach Hanging?

I'm 5'3 I was at four hundred and eleven pounds now I'm at 285 pounds my stomach hangs really low what I be a good candidate for a tummy tuck already

Hanging Stomach

+1

Most patients are either candidates for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) or a beltlipectomy (bodylift) after extensive weight loss.  We recommend to our patients to reach a stable weight before proceeding with post bariatric reconstruction.  Once you have reached either your goal weight or plateaued and maintained for a period of time, should you consider surgery.  We recommend making a consultation to find our which procedure is right for you.   

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Tummy Tuck after Gastric Sleeve Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far; you will do much better with further weight loss prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. Achieving a lower, long-term stable weight, will help minimize the risks associated with surgery,  improve the outcome of surgery, and decreased chances that additional surgery will become necessary in the future.

If.  on the other hand, the “hanging stomach” is causing problems for you panniculectomy surgery may be indicated.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn about options.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/weightloss.htm

candidate for a tummy tuck-- Went From 411 to 258

+1

Results are better and the procedure is much safer at a BMI of 30 or lower. That is the threshold many surgeons use for full tummy tuck, and at 5'3", the target weight would be 170. 

If something seemed pressing to do earlier, a panniculectomy could be considered. This procedure will be simpler and less risky, and involves removing the overhanging skin and fat. 

All the best. 

Tummy tuck after weight loss

+1

Your best result will come when your weight is stable.  That said, I have had patients who have had their tummy tuck early and it has given them motivation to get in the gym and lose more weight.  It also made it easier for them to exercise since they no longer had that hanging apron of skin/fat in their way.  If you do your surgery before your weight stabilizes, you may develop more loose skin as you lose additional weight which might mean that you would need a secondary tummy tuck later on.  

+1

Your BMI puts you at higher risk for wound complications. More weight loss would be recommended.  If the pannus or hanging skin and fat is prohibiting exercise and further weight loss, then the best option and safest option would be to remove the hanging skin and fat.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Still need to lose some

+1

Whether you are 285 or 258 (it says both in your question) that is still too much for a regular tummy tuck. Your BMI ideally should be closer to 25. In certain circumstances I will operate on a person with a BMI of around 30, but that is usually a panniculectomy where only the skin wedge is excised. Hopefully you can find a plastic surgeon to discuss this with. Best of Luck and congrats on your weight loss.