Getting a Tummy Tuck, Breast Aug aka Mommy Makeover, I'm 5'0,165 Lbs, Will I Have Good Results?

I'm getting a mommy make over next month, tummy tuck, breast aug. I weigh 165 lbs and my height is only 5'0. I don't want to be very skinny but I stil worry about results I will get by getting this procedures done! My doctor who I loved, said as long as my BMI wasn't over 30 I would be okay.

Best Result After Mommy Makeover Is Possible When Near Ideal Weight

+2

Your surgeons advice sounds right. However if you have weight that you want to lose your results will be better if you lose the weight before your Mommy Makeover.

If you lose 15-20 pounds after surgery your Tummy Tuck Result may sag and breast volume decrease.

Results from Mommy Makeover

+1

your satisfaction with your procedure will depend greatly on your expectations. this is something you need to review in detail with your plastic surgeon.  best wishes!

dr. basu

houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Patients of different sizes still benefit from mommy makeover.

+1

Your satisfaction with the operation depends upon your expectations. For the most part you should have youthful breasts in a flat abdomen after the procedure. This might serve as a stepping stone for further weight loss.

Mommy makeover results

+1

It's hard to say without examining you, but look at some before and after pictures online of those with your current body habitus and see what results they get.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Mommy Make Over results

+1

Thank you for your question about your Mommy Make Over results at 165 pounds and five feet tall. There are two issues: safety and mommy make over results.

• Your weight makes you at higher risk for Mommy Make Over complications.
  • Ask your surgeon what measures to take to minimize your mommy make over risks.
  • Ask if you need thrombosis prophylaxis for your mommy make-over.
  • Your mommy make over will give you better abdominal support, better contour and larger breasts. It cannot make you thinner than you are. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Mommy Makeover

+1

Without photos it is hard to comment, but the results are always better when the patient is at his, or her ideal body weight.  Discuss your concerns and expectations with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your surgery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Mommy Makeover and BMI

+1

This is a great question. The relationship of one's height and weight together is often referred to as the Body Mass Index (BMI), and this chart is easily available. Where your number falls on that chart and how your surgeon uses it is one of personal preference. The decision to operate ultimately is made by your plastic surgeon and is dependent on several factors: the reasons for having your surgery, your expectations, your overall health, and your BMI among others. Be aware that you will loose minimal weight and your tummy may not end up proportional to the remainder of your body with this procedure. Often times this procedure acts like a "kick-start", and patients will be motivated to loose weight. This is a wonderful procedure and can be accomplished with minimal risks in the right patient. I hope this helps.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

+1

Without an exam or photo, it is hard to answer your question. In my past, I have combined these procedures. My patients have had an easier time losing weight after their surgery as it is easier to work out and burn your calories.This is especially true in larger volume liposuction.Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

+1

At the current height and weight, liposuction of the flanks and back in addition to the tummy tuck usually gives a smaller waist and better overall shape.    Only an exam would be able to determine this with certainty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, tummy tucks, liposuction procedures, and mommy makeovers each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mommy makeover results

+1

Hi Fredericash78

The arbitrary line in the sand of a BMI of 30 or less usually relates to the tipping point at which plastic surgeons see an increase in numbers and severity of complications. The closer you are to your ideal weight (and a weight that is sustainable for you), the better your results will be.

If you envisage yourself staying about your current weight, then you should feel that it is a good time to adjust the bits of yourself that you are less than happy with. If you are aiming to lose weight over the next couple of years, it is usually better to do that first.

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon