Should Rhinoplasty or Dark Circles Come First?

I am 19 years old. Male. I have sever dark circles. They are from the cause of always on the computer and tv. It is bad to the fact that I have white sort of scaly white dots under my eyes. A lot ppl say these are milia.... but I doubt it. I don't know if I will ever get my eyes treated or if there is a permanent solution. My question is this: If you already have bad dark circles... is it ok to have rhinoplasty? Will it become worse? Should I go to LA and use 'Cool Laser" on my eyes first?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Options for dark under eye circles and a nose job

+1

Hi,

You don't need to go to LA or use any lasers yet.  You need to get the right diagnosis from an experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon who understands eyelid anatomy and "dark circles."  There are many causes of dark circles and each cause has to be evaluated and treated differently.  Somethings can be improved and some cant.  If you have deep tear troughs then restylane injections may help.  Milia are basically white heads and a good Dermatologist may be able to help extract them for you.  As far as your nose, if you get a slimmer nose then it  may make your eyes look deeper set.  It just depends.  I have not seen you or your pics to be able to tell you.  But a rhinoplasty can cause swelling around the eyes as well as bruises and discoloration so keep that in mind. 

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye circle

+1

Without photos, hard to know hat the problem with your eyelids are.  If the dark circles are from excess fat, that can be dealt with at the same time as the rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty and dark circles can be done same time.

+1

Rhinoplasty and treatment of your dark circles can be done at the same time. The bruising from rhinoplasty is almost always temporary. 

Rhinoplasty and dark circles

+1

The dark circles and a nasal deformity are completely different issues. Its  doubtful that you need eyelid surgery at age 19. True discoloration of the skin on the lower lids  is best treated by a dermatologist.  It is  acceptable to undergo rhinoplasty at that age, and you will expect to have dark circles from swelling and bruising after the rhinoplasty for approximately 2 weeks. Virtual rhinoplasty available our website if you are so inclined

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com

+1

It's is true that Rhinoplasty may create or make dark circles worse.  Bleeding, from Rhinoplasty can deposit hemosiderin pigment in the lower eyelid skin that looks similar to a bruise or dark circles.  This tends to disappear in most individuals and typically is not part of the decision-making process on whether, or not to have a Rhinoplasty.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

+1

It sounds to me that your main concern is your nose, and you are asking if you can have a rhinoplasty despite the dark circles, and the answer is yes.  Having a rhinoplasty should not have any permanent sequella for the circles.  You will get bruising under your eyes, but this will be temporary.  During that time, your circles will look worse.  By seeing a Plastic Surgeon during consultation, you can have both your nose and lower eyes evaluated and get an expert opinion.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon