Best way to remove a flat mole on the nose? (photo)

I'm 19. I have a mole on the middle of my nose. It is 2 mm wide. I'm pretty sure it's flat, but when I move my finger over it there is a slight bump. I'm not sure it is due to the bone in my nose or if it is slighty raised, however it is small. Would I have to have it removed through excision? Is it impossible to get it removed? How noticeable/big would my scar be after removal?

Nose mole removal

+1
Removal by shave excision or hyfrecator or Erbium/CO2 laser would all be effective and less likely to leave a scar compared to excision.  I would go with the method that your dermatologist feels most comfortable with and is most experienced with.  

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Best way to remove a mole on the nose

+1
From your description and the appearance of the mole on the photograph it appears that a shave removal would be the best way to go. A shave excision is typically the easiest, most cost effective, and least likely to scar method of removal for these types of moles. With this method the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. I would recommend seeing a dermatologic surgeon as they are experts at doing this procedure.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark Flat lesions on the nose

+1

Very small flat dark spots can be electrofulgurated (burned) easily and very prescisely. This takes the color out of them and they look like normal skin often.  Sometimes they need a 2nd or 3rd zapping but usually look great afterwards. With a lot of sun these little dark spots will return and can be zapped again in 2-5 yrs if needed. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon