Bags Below my Eyes, Was Told it is From Allergies and Can't be Removed, True?

not only do I have bags below my eyes that I want removed below that at the top of my cheekbones I have some heavy puffiness that I am told is caused by my allergies and it can't be removed? Is this true? If it can what is the procedure

I recommend a careful clinical assessment by a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.

+1

Tony

Ocular allergies severe enough to cause eyelid swelling will have certain very distinct signs of inflammation of the conjunctiva that would be visible in a slit lamp examination.  An oculoplastic surgeon is a board certified ophthalmologist who is fellowship trained in eyelid plastic surgery.  They are uniquely qualified to make this assessment.  Personally, I would be very surprised if your bags are related to allergy.  A personal consultation with the right surgeon will resolve this issue.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website which will help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area (asoprs dot org).

Bags can be removed

+1

If they are from allergies they should improve with antihistamines. But most bags are from genetics and the aging process and can be dealt with well with lower blepharoplasty and if they extend below the eyelid by midfacelift. Malar bags (over the cheekbones) absolutely CAN be improved by extended blepharoplasty and cheeklift. You can see some examples on my page here on RealSelf.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

Sounds like you should have a few consults with experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeons that do eyelid surgery to evaluate your lower eyelid bags.  If you have true fat bags, a lower eyelid surgery will remove them.  If however, you have malar bags, these are from chronic swelling and can't be removed but a filler like Perlane can reduce and smooth their appearance.