I have had bags or severe discoloration around my eyes for as long as I can remember. Best option to have healthy looking eyes?

I also recently learned that I may have a deviated septum and fixing the latter may help the former. I know that there are numerous procedures for any given problem and wanted to know my best option to having healthy looking eyes. I believe the picture includes shows the discoloration on the eyelid that I am referring to in my question and the dark circle beneath the eye. Thank you .

#eyelidshape #eyelidcolor #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear trevc

Thank you for your question

The color of the eyelid skin is difficult to correct. The Best starting approach is to reduce the hollow under the eye by using fillers on the deep layer, or with microfat grafting. You can add a Platelet Rich Plasma treatment which may have some added benefit to the shape and color change.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Fixing the deviated septum will not help your dark circles.

+1

If anything, you will probably have bruising in the lower eyelids with the septal surgery which could make the dark circles worse. One of the reasons that the dark circles get worse with age is that some of the orbital fat in the lower lid moves forward, so you get a dark shadow. If you fill in this hollow, called the tear trough, with something like restlyane or belotero, you can often diminish the dark circle.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon