Bag Under my Eye at 26. What Are My Options? (photo)

I am 26 years old and since i was 18 i have had this bag under my left eye. When i squint or smile it swells up. i can close my eye tight and it actually feel like it feels with air. No exaggerating you can feel it blowing up like a balloon. My right side also does it a little bit as well but the left side is noticeable. i have went to several doctors and they know nothing about it. Do you know what this could be and how to make it go away.

Palm beach blepharoplasty

+2
Based on the photograph, it appears that you have pseudoherniation of periorbital lower lid fat. This fat excess or protrusion is worse on the left side compared to the right. This can be treated by removing the lower lid fat from the inside with a transconjunctival blepharoplasty. There are no visible external incisions with this approach. You also appear to have orbicularis muscle hypertrophy on the right and left sides which is adding to the lower lid fullness. I would not recommend any treatment for this latter problem.

Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Baggy eye treatments

+1

The picture shows you herniated fat in both eyelids, but the left is worse.  A transconjunctival  blepharoplasty will eliminate the fatty deposits.  Slightly more fat would be taken out of the left vs right lower lid.  The incisions are all on the inside of the eyelid, so there is no visible scarring

Bag Under my Eye at 26. What Are My Options?

+1

The best way to remove excess or herniated lower eyelid fat is a lower eyelid surgery.  

Lowe Eyelid Bleph With Muscle Sling

+1

What you have on the left side is break down or weakness of a thin piece of tissue known as the septum orbitale.  This is behind the muscle of the lower eyelid known as the obicularis oculi.  This septum holds back orbital fat, usually into one's 40's or 50's.  Yours broke down early, probably due to genetics. 

The treatment of choice on the left lower eyelid (but I would do both lower eyelids at the same time) is to remove very little skin and muscle, probably 1 mm or 2 at most, take just the tip of the orbital fat out on the left lower eyelid, then do what is called a "muscle sling".  The muscle sling is a dart of muscle from the lower eyelid that is pulled up under the skin at the outer corner of the eye, and is sutured to the covering of the bone at the outer upper eye area.  This muscle sling replaces your weaked septum orbitali and keeps the fat back now and in the future.

All the above having been said, you need a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in eyelid surgery to diagnose and treat your lower eyelid bag problem.   

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Bags

+1

Options at age twenty-six years old: Do nothing, Blepharoplasty, Brow Lift, Laser Peel and perhaps Facial Fillers.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon