Bad Tissue Under my Eyes

Hi all, I'm 25 years old and as you can see from the photo, I have dark circles, lines and a deep hollow in the tear trough. I'm following a healthy diet, excersize 4-5 times a week, sleep well, drink lots of water, etc. But I'm so stressed at work my eyes are getting too tired in front of the computer. I use a sunscreen and a moisturizer only; nothing special for my eyes. Considering my age, what kind of a treatment do you recommend? Retin-a, vitamin-c or something completely different?

Your lower eyelids are wonderful.

It is important that the punishment should fit the crime.  Your lower eyelids are hardly guilty of a crime, so don't over punish them.  I agree that some lower eyelid filler will help you.  Don't let anyone cut your lower eyelids at this point.

Treatment of the tear trough

At your age with this degree of visible tear trough your best option is a filler. Under no circumstances should you have surgery at the current time.

Aaron Stone, MD

Dark circles around eyes.

Dark circles under the eyes may be due to a variety of causes, As mentioned by Dr. Rand, fillers are excellent for the depressed tear trough. Occasionally a transconjunctival bleph may remove excess fatty deposits that make the circles appear worse. In some instances, supervised application of Retin-A or retinoids are beneficial in thickening the skin.

Restylane for the tear troughs

Continue to take the best care of your health possible and consider going to a plastic surgeon for some Restylane filler for the tear troughs below the lower lids.