Bad Tissue Under my Eyes

Hi all, I'm 25 years old and as you can see from the photo, I have dark circles, lines and a deep hollow in the tear trough. I'm following a healthy diet, excersize 4-5 times a week, sleep well, drink lots of water, etc. But I'm so stressed at work my eyes are getting too tired in front of the computer. I use a sunscreen and a moisturizer only; nothing special for my eyes. Considering my age, what kind of a treatment do you recommend? Retin-a, vitamin-c or something completely different?

Your lower eyelids are wonderful.

+1

It is important that the punishment should fit the crime.  Your lower eyelids are hardly guilty of a crime, so don't over punish them.  I agree that some lower eyelid filler will help you.  Don't let anyone cut your lower eyelids at this point.

Treatment of the tear trough

+1

At your age with this degree of visible tear trough your best option is a filler. Under no circumstances should you have surgery at the current time.

Aaron Stone, MD

Dark circles around eyes.

+1

Dark circles under the eyes may be due to a variety of causes, As mentioned by Dr. Rand, fillers are excellent for the depressed tear trough. Occasionally a transconjunctival bleph may remove excess fatty deposits that make the circles appear worse. In some instances, supervised application of Retin-A or retinoids are beneficial in thickening the skin.

Restylane for the tear troughs

+1

Continue to take the best care of your health possible and consider going to a plastic surgeon for some Restylane filler for the tear troughs below the lower lids.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS