Bad Teosyal results, Better to dissolve it, adjust it or both? (photo)

I have been using fillers for 6 years.This time the doctor that did a great job last time failed using Teosyal.The product collected in the center of my upper lip, where I really didn't want it!He told me to go back and have it corrected or have it dissolved.Is it a good idea to dissolve a little bit in that area where I want no material at all or I risk to have a worse result?Also,Teosyal gave me abnormal swelling for 3days,can I ask him to use Perlane,that he used before with perfect results?

It is a good idea to wait until all the swelling in gone (roughly 2 weeks) and then use a hyaluronidase injection if continued d

+1
It is a good idea to wait until all the swelling in gone (roughly 2 weeks) and then use a hyaluronidase injection if continued dissatisfaction with the results to dissolve the product. It is best to discuss the product used with the injector and explain why you prefer one product over another.

Teosyal dermal filler

+1

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your treatment.

Both Teosyal and Perlane are Hyaluronic acid based products. Both can cause swelling/lumpiness and can be easily broken down by enzyme called Hyluronidase. May be it is a good idea to break it a little bit where you feel it is excessive. It is rather painful injection though.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist